A Class W169 Battery Flat

W

Wingnuts

Could anyone explain please? Flat Battery, I think because I used a 12v pump on all the tyres and left car for a few days with the alarm on. (No other problems before with car electrics)
Anyway I could not open the boot to get my spanners out, the remote just managed to open the car doors but not the boot, very handy.
It is a keyless boot should it not open like the other doors if power fails?
A Class A150 W169 2006
Thanks

OP
A

andy@pcd-ltd

They are a bit of a pain to open when the battery fails

If you fold the rear seats down and climb into the boot down by the lock there is a emergency release

It should show you in the owners handbook

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Its all electric locking including the tail gate,,it depends on how long you ran that pump as well. The battery could also be getting past its best, good workshops like Bosch and Exide have good testers these days. I would charge it up and see how things go

OP
W

Wingnuts

Thanks for replies. No release in handbook or in boot. Seems a rubbish idea to be stranded with a flat battery and not able to get to the boot even if you can get into the boot top compartment. I keep tools ontop of the spare wheel.
I feel sure that other makes of car I have had failed safe ie the lock automatically came off when power was lost.

While battery was charging could I have put a 12v supply onto the cigerette lighter or battery leads just to operate the doors?
Answering my own question dont think so because the ignition key will not turn if battery is removed/flat.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The key would need to turn to 1 for the cigar lighter to work.

It might be and idea to add a socket for emergencies

OP
W

Wingnuts

Willow 132, had another look and where you said there is an oval cutout in the plastic poking with a screwdriver feels like there is a spring or catch will try later when i have someone to help by trying to pull the outside catch at the same time. As you said a pain as I had to fold rear seats remove the upper boot cover from inside then reach in and release the lower boot cover board which now pulls up into your face, then stretch over it with one arm and poke a long screwdriver ito the hole. Has to be done from rear seat as you cant get into boot past the raised cover board.

Thanks all

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom