A Class (W169) Body Coloured Wing Mirrors plus Chrome Strips

Choccie_Lab

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A180 2006 3 Door
Hello,

My local MB dealer says it can't source body coloured wing mirrors - yet they come as standard on some specs. I have a silver 3 door and can see I can buy chrome covers but would prefer silver... any ideas for on line sites?

Also, chrome surrounds to the fog lights

Chrome door handle covers

Chrome strip for above number plate on the boot.

And perhaps shaped a chrome strip for under the windows

Also, any ideas for getting a sunroof installed?

Thank you,

Jon

Kyliewww

Reaction score
Website
www.dead-ringer.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Astra 'H' CDTi; '89 MK2 Orion 'Ghia'
I think that eBay may be your friend here! Most of the parts that you have listed I have seen on there. Can't imagine that a sunroof would be an easy install!

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Sunroofs used to be a big aftermarket install ..then they just went out of fashion..like vinyl roofs .. I would caution against installing an aftermarket sunroof as the seals do perish and leaks are the order of the day ...

area51

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Year2000 A160
I was told a similar story when I asked about availability of ready painted door mirror casings for my W168.

I now have access to Mercedes' EPC, and have successfully ordered painted mirror parts for my car.

Just had a quick look and painted mirror casings are shown for the W169, do you have the paint code for your car?

OP
C

Choccie_Lab

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A180 2006 3 Door
Hello A51,

Thank you for your help. um, I can't find a paint code on the documentation I have (V5C or Service Manual). It is simply listed as Silver...

Have now found a breaker who will sell me both mirrors for £65 shipped but am awaiting reply as to whether these are just the covers (good) or whole thing (bad, as have to pay to get fitted).

What is EPC?

Jon

area51

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Year2000 A160
There should be a list of option codes at the back of the service book, the paint code should be there. Any MB dealer can confirm your paint code from your cars' VIN (chassis number).

EPC= electronic parts catalogue

Don't know how the W169 mirrors come apart, but it shouldn't be too difficult to change the outer case...

Kyliewww

Reaction score
Website
www.dead-ringer.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Astra 'H' CDTi; '89 MK2 Orion 'Ghia'
The mirrors come apart reqlly quite easily. You just angle the mirror to its extreems and you can flick the tabs and the cover comes off; Well, that's the theory! Not tried it myself yet... ;)

Top Bottom