1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Class W169 Wiper blade catching

Discussion in 'Bodywork, Tyres, Wheels & Trim' started by Richard Marshall, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Richard Marshall

Richard Marshall New Registration

Your Mercedes:
    A class A150 w169
    Put new blades on my A150 W169 and there are slightly catching each other. Any advice on a fix?

Raggie

2. V6Matty

V6Matty Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    S212/10/E350(His) W169/2005/A180 (Hers)
    Sounds daft be switch them around (left to right and right to left), they 169 has slightly different sizes and if the wrong way round they catch each other.

3. Flyinspanner

Flyinspanner Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CL500 -W215, A140-W168
    I pointed out to Halfords once that their charts listed the blades the wrong way around. (After a new pair destroyed themselves)

No doubt they had taken “drivers side” from a LHD version!
    (Replaced foc).

On the W168 the larger blade is on the passenger side. (Which would make sense on LHD as the driver would get the larger swept area....MB saved money just using one configuration of wipers for all variants.

4. GLK

GLK Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    A200 Avantgarde Special Edition Sports Coupé • C169
    In the facelift W169 Mercedes swap the blades around to match the LHD layout: longer one went on the driver's side, as it should be.

However the pre-facelift is, as mentioned above, not mirrored, so the longer blade is on the left / passenger's side.

I'm actually contemplating fitting an entire wipers assembly from a facelift ...