A day out in Brands Hatch in a Renault Clio 197

ianplymouth

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55 amg, Renault G Espase 2.0Dci 175+, Megane 265 cup
Ooh that's nice.. I wouldn't mind being a passenger in that for a few grin laps.

How much would I pick up one of them for? I would really like a car that I can get into the 250-300 BHP ballpark. Assuming the 265 designation means 265 PS?

My black mk3 is the 265 and yes that's 265 hp from the factory, although most run more than that, don't think mine is far off 300hp, if i have it mapped as it is i would be looking at around 350-360hp, after that a hybrid turbo would be required.

The Orange one was a 225, that's 225hp i fitted a mk3 engine (as it's stronger) virtually the same engines but the 265 has thicker con rods, the weak point on the 225 and R26.

My 265 i paid £8500 16 months ago, full Renault service history 1 owner, the 225 was £2250 4 years ago loads of paperwork with it, spent more than that on it :shock:

ianplymouth

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55 amg, Renault G Espase 2.0Dci 175+, Megane 265 cup
I’ve vowed never to go with Open track again. Dave Woodall has a habit of overbooking his days and it can become very frustrating. Some mates attended a Brands GP circuit day with them recently. He claimed there would be 90 cars there, but in fact 130 were counted by my friends. I think there were a couple of car to car impacts too, which should never happen on a trackday

I think he has learn't a lesson on that one, even 90 cars at Brands is a **** take, i did it with Javelin was constantly in a cue waiting for the straight, did it again with a different company and it rained :) all the Caterham's went home along with a few others, ended up a great day

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
I think he has learn't a lesson on that one, even 90 cars at Brands is a **** take, i did it with Javelin was constantly in a cue waiting for the straight, did it again with a different company and it rained :) all the Caterham's went home along with a few others, ended up a great day

To be fair it was the GP circuit, which is much longer than the Indy circuit, but still...

OP
Conor

Conor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 S212 350 CGI // 2004 R230 500
To be fair it was the GP circuit, which is much longer than the Indy circuit, but still...

Perhaps it' ok if he limits the number of cars on track at any given time. I know that's what Track Obsession were doing last week on the Indie circuit. Never seemed crowded. Well in general.. there were obviously many cars behind me at some points, waiting to overtake, given my newbie-ness! :)

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
The days are sold as "open pit lane" but the reality has been very long queuing in the pit lane because they can only let a certain number on at a time.

The last Open track day I did was Donington park a couple of years ago. He blamed an online booking company for doubling up the numbers, but I've heard sooo many excuses. Lol!

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom