a series AMG

klenzza

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
hi chaps ,my brother has put a deposit 13 plate A series AMG today it was the one from the showroom so no colour choice or extras its got 26 miles on the clock and has it for£ 24750 the thing is to activate the sat nav hes got to pay an extra 450 quid for the key?? is it normal for this or should he have got it with the car? thanx

Mcobinad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 Designo Black paint, R500 W251, CL600 W216
He should have negotiated the Satnav option with the deal. £450 for satnav seems a little steep to me. Did he buy the car on impulse? For every finance deal, there is always a clause in the contract that allows you to retract from the original deal within a specified period of time. Now time to get the contract out and read the small print. Such small prints are always used for repudiation (disclaimer) purposes. The French always say 'ATTENTION' meaning 'Be Careful'. :)

OP
K

klenzza

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I told him the same thing should have said it was a deal breaker ,can you tell me what the activation thing is? I may have it wrong but I was lead to belive you can use it in other mercs you own and has your own info on it

Mcobinad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 Designo Black paint, R500 W251, CL600 W216
I didn't quite get what you meant by activation. I think you mean Mercedes Star Diagnostic. Yes, it is a piece of tool that is used to diagnose any mechanical problem affecting the car. It used to store information of your vehicle, programme, add and delete some information. Infact, there is a lot to be done with this Mercedes tool but it comes at a premium (onerous) price. Is that the information you wanted to receive?

SteveX

Reaction score
Think yourself lucky when you went back he didn't say £24,750 + VAT :rolleyes:

Why do people always do that to the general public?????

Anyhow, I just have a bee in my bonnet about that so perhaps ignore me, but it does seem a little silly, you would think for giving them 25k they could throw in a few freebies assuming they haven't done already?

toby1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 CL420 C140; 1997 SL500 R129
£25,000 for an A Class. *shakes head*

wemorgan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 SLK 250CDI
Are you talking about a Becker satnav unit that plugs inside the glove box?
If so, these can be bought online for £200-250.

wemorgan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 SLK 250CDI
£25,000 for an A Class. *shakes head*

Have you seen the prices off all new cars these days? Anyway, I presume when the OP said AMG he meant AMG trim spec, as buying a A45 AMG for £25k would be a bargain!

OP
K

klenzza

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Are you talking about a Becker satnav unit that plugs inside the glove box?
If so, these can be bought online for £200-250.

that's it! ,and thnx I checked ebay out and that's about the going rate

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
Have you seen the prices off all new cars these days? Anyway, I presume when the OP said AMG he meant AMG trim spec, as buying a A45 AMG for £25k would be a bargain!

would be a bigger bargain as there not out yet.:lol:

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
I am still in my time warp.:Oops:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom