A150 steering

idrussell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A150 Classic SE 2007
After some advice please. Our 2007 A150 seems to have developed a steering fault. After a run especially in the hot weather there is a funny feeling and fizzing noise through the steering wheel. I know the pump is electric, but I presume there is still hydraulic fluid in there? Does anyone know where the reservoir is so that I can check the level. Other than that any suggestions?? The car has done 50k miles and the steering column was replaced 3 years ago just before the 3 year warranty ran out.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

ealp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A180 2009 CDI
Hello. I dont think I can be of any help to you, but I have an A180 CDI. Just over 3 years old, and I have noticed a bit of steering play when driving at 50-70mph.

What was the cause of yours to have the steering column replaced?

AP

OP
I

idrussell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A150 Classic SE 2007
The problem was more a clicking / clunking from the steering at parking speeds which the main dealer tried to dismiss at first until I insisted it was not right. The current issue feels different almost as if there is not enough fluid but I cannot locate the reservoir to see :-(

ealp

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A180 2009 CDI
Oh I see. It was worth an ask.

As for the power steering fluid, Im under the impression that there isn't any, as its electric power steering rather than hydraulic ?

mattkh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 W168 1999 1.6
.......fizzing noise through the steering wheel.Many Thanks
Hi
Do you hear the fizzing noise at the drivers seat and coming from the steering?
Put up a picture, a birds eye view of the engine compartment towards the front of the engine and a bit to the right as you face it.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom