A220 Night Edition iPhone Control

chrisdpenn1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A220 Night Edition
Hi

I'm a new A220 owner and I found out when picking up my car that although I can sync via bluetooth, but I can't the hook the phone up and operate the music via the stereo, or get DAB channels.

I'm being told that this can't be retro-fitted, can anyone let me know if this is true??

I still can't believe that a car that is nearly £30K doesn't come with this basic functionality as standard!

Chris

JT1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 E220D SE (W213)
Are you saying there is no USB connection and the car radio does not have DAB?

OP
C

chrisdpenn1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A220 Night Edition
It has a USB connector but this doesn't work the iPhone through the car stereo, it only charges the phone. and Yes the radio doesn't have DAB

JT1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 E220D SE (W213)
Surely the USB connector is supposed to connect your phone? If it was intended to only have a charging port, that would be the 12v socket?

My iphone doesn't work on my car USB socket either, but it's not the car's fault, the phone's socket is faulty/minging - and I get a message saying device not recognised - it also no longer works docked on my hifi but will charge on it.

Or maybe your car is NOT set up to have the phone work through the radio - maybe it charges it but maybe it also plugs it in to the car aerial for better reception?

As long as you have a good data deal on your phone you can use Bluetooth to play DAB radio via an app like tunein radio - you'll get all the stations in the world then, let alone UK :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom