ABS, BAS and ESP warning light - I don't know what to do

OP
H

Hustler

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 C200 Kompressor Coupe 1.8L
I recently tried ordering a brake light switch off eBay, but the seller has advised me that as my car is a manual, it does not have a brake light switch and so this cannot be the problem.

I have come to the conclusion that it is a problem with the ABS Sensor by process of elimination of the possible causes suggested by you guys in this thread.

Does anyone have any idea as to how much it will cost to fix (parts and labour) and how long the job will take?

Would really appreciate some advice for a newbie. I need to it pass the MOT as soon as possible.

Thanks ;)

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You still need to know what sensor has failed, and STAR is the quickest way and the cheapest

A

andy@pcd-ltd

I did send you an email last night saying that it is best to get the fault codes read first before we start guessing at what is causing the light to come

This is by far the cheapest option to go for first. Before you start throwing parts at the car hoping it will cure it

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
You could have a visual inspection of your ABS sensors just in case theres something obvious.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You could have a visual inspection of your ABS sensors just in case theres something obvious.

I do not think this young man will know what he is looking at, things are not the same as when we were young

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
You are likely to be right, but my Youth changed an E-Class wheel at 8 years old and I mean change it not watch me do it.
Despite his academic ability he will not be useless with anything when he goes into the wide world.
If presented with the same problem as the OP he will be able to do some simple fault diagnosis.

Pathfinder

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLC 220 CDi Sport Diesel Year 2008
On the 203, the speed sensor is incorporated inside the wheel bearing inner seal. It could be that the seal is damaged.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom