abs fault

medt7

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
311cdi
hello there everybody just new on here . hope somebody could be able to help me out. i have a 05 311 cdi sprinter recently i parked it and i felt the brake peddle go a little soft as i parked . when i started it again the abs , ebd and the anti skid lights were all on on dash . is this something simple or am i looking at a big job to repair. the abs or anti skid do not work now. has anybody else encountered this problem . any advice would be greatlyy appreciated . ty for any help offered .

GCLTuning

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.gcltuning.co.uk
Leave the Battery of for 30min's this will clear the fault's ...

As it may be a "one off fault" wait an see if it reoccurs i it dose

You will need the fault codes read to determine the exact cause of the problem ...

Regards GCL

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Common for the sprinters, RPM sensor gone down, as GLC said, need the fault codes reading!!

OP
M

medt7

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
311cdi
thanks guys will try that and let u know what happens hopefuly that will cure . Appreciate the advice will keep u up to date.

OP
M

medt7

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
311cdi
tried that and no good . Sorry its the abs esp and anti skid lights that are on . When i keep the brake peddle depressed and start engine the lights stay off until i release the peddle . The abs is not working now when i brake all locks up. I think it must be the abs pump thats gone. Ty gcl and sam for advice

Last edited:

5pares

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320cdi
Probably something cheaper than the pump,itl only take a speed sensor or brake switch to put the lights on and shut the system down.

OP
M

medt7

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
311cdi
brake light bulbs and switch are ok gonna ty a speed sensor will let u know how i get on ty all

OP
M

medt7

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
311cdi
ok guys sorry i wasnt back to u before now but was away for a few days.now the upshot of this problem is that the problem has solved itself i was waiting on a mechanic to diagnose the prob with his computer and in the meantime the lights went out after about 10 days and all systems are working again. wow i am lucky so sorry havent even got a fault code to report . maybe paitence did pay off lol . anyway ty for all the help and if it recurrs will keep u posted.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom