1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adaptive multi beam LED headlights problem

Discussion in 'Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU' started by Digsy, Nov 4, 2019.

1. OP
    Digsy

Digsy Active Member

Your Mercedes:
    C220D AMG Line estate

OK, that all sounds plausible. By the way, you do know you can impart this information without telling me I am an idiot for simply switching off my AC in every single reply, don't you?

Anyway, as I said right from the get-go I had figured out this was something to do with misting even if the pattern wasn't very consistent. I shall endeavour to leave my AC on now that it is truly cold and damp and see if things settle down.

What I haven't heard from anyone yet is something like "Yeah, mine does that if you don't leave the AC on all the time" or "Mine has never done that and I do/don't leave the AC on)."

@rfo65: That's interesting information, and what I would expect, really. It really shouldn't rely on the cabin conditions to make sure that the screen in front of the camera is clear.

2. LostKiwi

LostKiwi Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    '93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240, 02 R230 SL500 (Malcolm Spec), 04 Smart Roadster Coupe
    I don't have adaptive or auto anything in my 210 but when I get in the car first thing 30 seconds after switching on the windscreen mists then clears a minute later exactly for the reason I gave earlier.
    The r230 does similar (and that has auto wipers, climate and headlights but NOT adaptive).

3. Jkh112

Jkh112 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    E350 Bluetec estate
    Mine has never done that and I leave the AC on in auto mode.

4. Botus

Botus Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    S500/2010/500
    I have a mate that works in the HVAC / BMS industry, yet he turns off his AC every 3 miles then moans about the problems it causes... and won't listen

when truly cold (below 3C) AC turns off on all cars to reduced the potential of evaporator freezing causing serious damage. Around this temp air is too cold to hold moisture so misting tends not to happen.

Mine never mists, I haven't ever turned AC off in a car for over 15 years

I see the problem on ALL cars when the AC is used intermittently

5. Srdl

Srdl Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253) Premium Plus
    Mine has never done that and I leave the AC on in auto mode.

6. davidsl500

davidsl500 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    R172 250CDI, R129 SL500 Gone...
    If we all wore spacesuits / helmets and thus didn't breathe in the car then things would be easier..