Address Book/iPhone Problems with W204 COMAND-APS (NTG4)

veb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 C Class C220CDI
Apologies for the long entry but this has become a saga......

I have been trying multiple methods to load my contacts from an iPhone 3GS OS 3.0 into the address book.

I first started by bluetoothing the contacts via the External Data Option and the Mercedes Bluetooth HFP Cradle gives me individual entries for each phone number, e.g. George Smith (Mobile) and George Smith (Work). Linguatronic then works fine.

I now have the MB iPhone Cradle with Media Cable but obviously no Media kit. Using the External Data option now gives me consolidated entries, i.e. George Smith with two sub-entries for each phone number type. The entries are, however, "uncategorised" so now Linguatronic cannot locate them.

I then attempted to load contacts via vcard files on the PCMCIA/SD input nad get the following:
Name is reversed to surname, firstname
Address is populated but invalid for use with Nav
Phone numbers are again uncategorised and unavailable for linguatronic.

I am almost ready to give up but cannot believe that MB do not supply the right information to allow us to know what format/layout/type or anything else we need to know to get all our data into the Comand System so we can get 100% use of what is a fabulous system.

I have an MB salesman locally working with me to solve the problem but even he is challenged.

Can anyone please assist?

JDR

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 / SLK55
Hi
I have the same problems it doesn't work. I have been trying for the last eight months to get a fix. My Mercedes dealership has been trying everything to no avail. Every time I was told you will have to wait for command software update nobody else has reported the problem. Finally "lost the plot on" Monday when had a loan B150 car and phone worked perfectly !!!! Dealer was told to tell me to buy a phone that was capable of multi number transfer by tech support!!! told them in no uncertain terms. Case was then re escalated to Mercedes UK Tech Department. They tried uploading address book on standard command no problems. Then C63 linguatroinic and guess what the address book loaded (standard outlook format Office 2007) from Iphone all names & symbols work/ home/ mobile populated but it failed with the customary questions Home or Work and answer NO NUMBER STORED CANCEL.

They then tried direct pcmcia VCard upload SAME RESULT.

They escalated case to MB RD team Germany who replied to UK today.

They have found the same problem and will now commence to rectify the software fault !!!! All my car data has been sent and I have been told to expect a result in two to three weeks.

Hope this helps

nrg220

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220cdi Elegance Saloon
Did you get a result??:(

Supercharged

Reaction score
Website
www.adpuk.co.uk
Your Mercedes
New Audi RS5 Coupe on order
I had this , the way I did it was to buy a Nokia and copy the contact list to the car ( the contacts once in stay in no matter what phone ) from the Nokia and all I do is update my contacts as and when . It's a pain but it's the only way I could do it

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Older Citroen Now :-(
What great lateral thinking Richard..
Fred Dibnah would be proud! :D

nrg220

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220cdi Elegance Saloon
Got my car today and as I use still a Nokia 6310i I waited in trepidation but the address book went straight in, no problem to the Comand unit. Even better the saleman gave me a 6310i holder that clipped in behind the armrest as it had been in his drawer for ages he said, so now I can charge it as well

Sept 2007 220CDI

Top Bottom