Advanced Agility package

microfly

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls new to the forum so hi to all ,my question to one and all. Is the advance agility package worth the money and what difference if any does it make to the driving experience on a new c200cdi:confused:

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
Not quite sure whether you mean the Agility Control Package or the Dynamic Handling Package. Here’s some blurb on each: -

Standard on the new C-Class Saloon, the Agility Control Package with Selective Damping System raises the bar for ride comfort without compromising on precision and control.

This intelligent suspension set-up recognises the road conditions and adapts the damping behaviour accordingly. So, on a smoother road surface an integral valve reduces the damping force automatically to accommodate the smaller shocks. This significantly reduces road roar and tyre vibration, and improves the chassis’ characteristics, while maintaining high levels of active safety and comfort.

On a more challenging surface the system reinstates full damping to cope with the heavier shocks. This helps to stabilise the entire vehicle, enhancing safety and giving you greater peace of mind.

When combined with the improved shorter-throw manual transmission and speed-sensitive parameter steering (standard on Sport and optional on SE Elegance models), the result is a more involved driving experience that doesn’t compromise comfort or ride quality.

The new Dynamic Handling Package – available as an optional extra for the new
C-Class Sport* – lets you adjust the car’s driving characteristics to suit your mood.

Choose 'Comfort' Mode and you’ll enjoy a smooth, luxurious ride. The continuously variable dampers adjust to suit the road surface and driving style, reducing road noise and vibrations. Meanwhile, the car’s control module ensures that gearshifts are seamless and throttle and steering response is subtle and understated. In Comfort Mode, cruising is the order of the day.

But if you’d prefer something a little more exhilarating, simply push the button to 'Sport' Mode and everything changes.

With the continuously variable damping, handling becomes more taut, body roll is reduced and the ride becomes firmer. Steering and throttle response becomes sharper and gear changes more responsive (automatic transmission only). Even ESP® (Electronic Stability Program) intervention is marginally reduced to help enhance the dynamic driving sensation – without compromising active safety, of course.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Welcome microfly to the forum, :D:D:DI cannot add to Hawks post

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
I looked at this when purchasing my C Class. and drove one with it !!

Basically, the car wallow's along like a blamounge, in a straight line, and stiffens up in corners, as standard, on a non sport model.

On the Sport model, the ride is as you'd expect........ nice and firm, which also stiffens up even more, when you throw it into a corner .. the DHP, basically allows you to have a softer ride as an option, for normal driving conditions, such as straight line down a motorway............ is it worth it ?? ... thats upto you and your wallet .............but it gives you the best of all worlds in all conditions.

OP
microfly

microfly

Reaction score
Thanks guys that was a great help

Thanks guys that was a great help,what the heck this is going to be my first new car so in for a penny in for a pound.Here is a list of the spec which iam havin on a C200 cdi sport.1,Harmon Kardon sound system. 2,Command system 3,Agility pack 4,Leather interior 5,Palladium silver paint work 6,Parktronic:D

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
Thanks guys that was a great help,what the heck this is going to be my first new car so in for a penny in for a pound.Here is a list of the spec which iam havin on a C200 cdi sport.1,Harmon Kardon sound system. 2,Command system 3,Agility pack 4,Leather interior 5,Palladium silver paint work 6,Parktronic:D

Not quite sure whether you mean the Agility Control Package or the Dynamic Handling Package. The dynamic handling package is not available on the C200cdi.

The Agility Control Package is not an extra but a standard fitment on all models.

Have you considered having less extras and the 220cdi Blue Efficiency. Stunning engine for performance and economy and emissions.

Last edited:
OP
microfly

microfly

Reaction score
looking to give

Looking to keep the c200 cdi and then may be pass it on to the wife who likes her toys (haha)keep it clean.Been looking on utube at the c63 AMG now thats a tool if i was looking for performance and pure grunt who needs extras on that i think not except the performance pack may be.I wonder what the up keep and running cost of one of those is?

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
I was thinking the same!!!! ....all those goodies ............ and I'll go screaming past you in a 220 ......... handling package or not !

P

PanzerMcGrory

Is it real leather or sh#tty dummy leather they throw in "sport" models.

OP
microfly

microfly

Reaction score
Come on thumper ,you might overtake my wife in her 200 but your be sucking my tail pipes on my c63 :lol:

OP
microfly

microfly

Reaction score
Is it real leather or sh#tty dummy leather they throw in "sport" models.
Looks the same to me when i was in my local dealers but then again Iam not a leather hide expert like some,I'd dout your hide would know :lol:the difference anyway

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
Microfly I do wish you would answer this query or the whole purpose of this thread is lost.

Do you mean the Agility Control Package or the Dynamic Handling Package? The dynamic handling package is not available on the C200cdi.

The Agility Control Package is not an extra but a standard fitment on all models.

OP
microfly

microfly

Reaction score
Sorry for getting off of the point,spoke to a friend tonight who has got the dynamic agility package fitted on his C200 CDI and i was lucky enough to get to try his car with and then without that sport button pushed,and was pleased with the cars response's with that little black button pushed in.It seemed to tighten everything up and like you said make the throttle and steering more responsive and red line in every gear.Funny that i thought you said they did'nt fit it in the C200 CDI.:shock:

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
Sorry for getting off of the point,spoke to a friend tonight who has got the dynamic agility package fitted on his C200 CDI . Funny that i thought you said they did'nt fit it in the C200 CDI.:shock:

Well, this is what it says on the MB website and on the price list: -

* Not available on Sport models with the C 180 KOMPRESSOR BlueEFFICIENCY or C 200 CDI engines

Plus you still refer to the Dynamic Agility Pack. In fact there is an Agility Control Package which is standard on all models or the Dynamic Handling Package, which is an extra but apparently not available on the C 200cdi.

OP
microfly

microfly

Reaction score
The correct term is (ADVANCED AGILITY PACKAGE),which is fitted on a C200 CDI and that is the term used by MB on the itemised invoice that was issued to my friend when his car was ordered.Although from what your saying HAWK his motor should be worth a small fortune as its a one off.:lol:

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
The correct term is (ADVANCED AGILITY PACKAGE),which is fitted on a C200 CDI and that is the term used by MB on the itemised invoice that was issued to my friend when his car was ordered.Although from what your saying HAWK his motor should be worth a small fortune as its a one off.:lol:

If you care to check the MB website or the MB price list for the C class which you can download from their website, you will find that what I have posted is precisely what Mercedes say. And go back to my posting number 2 and that comes from the C class section on the MB website.

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
Maybe he (or his friend) are not in the UK?

It's just a different name for the same thing - it has the same option number, 483. Typical Mercedes confusion.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom