Advice Needed Please!

mbaclass

Reaction score
Hello,
I am completely new to MB world. I’m buying a class, round year 2000, manual. I would kindly ask u for any advice, what I should be aware of if any. I found a lot of faults with semi-auto and auto which is why I am going for a manual.

Thank you!!

JEZ.S320L

Reaction score
Website
www.latorreonline.es
Your Mercedes
Lincoln Navigator and a S320L Business Edition
Hello,
I am completely new to MB world. I’m buying a class, round year 2000, manual. I would kindly ask u for any advice, what I should be aware of if any. I found a lot of faults with semi-auto and auto which is why I am going for a manual.

Thank you!!

Welcome to the Forum.

The Forum Elders will soon arrive to advise. :lol:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Welcome to the forum,, we have a lot of A class post in the last few days, and plenty to read.

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
Hello,

Thank you!!

Yes steer clear of the auto A class, very problematic and expensive to fix. try to go for the newist A class you can afford, high milers leave alone.

rear radus arm bushes are a problem
brake pipes can rot early
clutches are good for 50k
noisy alternators very expensive to fix
steering column clonks
steering racks
air flow meters
wipers meet and the passenger one flies off expensive
timing chains can snap for no reason

other than that not a bad car.
jib

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Yes steer clear of the auto A class, very problematic and expensive to fix. try to go for the newist A class you can afford, high milers leave alone.

steering column clonks
steering racks
air flow meters

jib

"Apart from the incident, Mrs Lincoln, what did you think of the play"? :rolleyes:

Dave Brooker

Reaction score
Hello,

Thank you!!

Buy a manual car and try to stretch to the facelift model so you get a better spec and aircon.

jp williams

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 E class 2.2 cdi auto estate, Lexus GS 450h

steering column clonks
steering racks
air flow meters

jib

I`d give it a miss and look at a Toyota Corolla!

Regards

OP
M

mbaclass

Reaction score
Thank you for reply! Aren't these the problems that can occur with any other car of this age? :confused: Would like to hear someone saying something positive though. :( I really like this car!!

Thank you!!

jp williams

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 E class 2.2 cdi auto estate, Lexus GS 450h
Thank you for reply! Aren't these the problems that can occur with any other car of this age? :confused: Would like to hear someone saying something positive though. :( I really like this car!!

Thank you!!

Hello MBACLASS,

I was being serious about the Corolla. The early A class was an absolute disaster and not deserving of the MB badge.

Look at the Honest John website honestjohn.co.uk under "car by car breakdown" for an authoritive answer to your question.Then form an opinion as to what you really want to spend your hard earned cash on.

Regards
John

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom