Advice on diagnostic equipment

OP
badger_wazzala

badger_wazzala

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
63 AMG
I’ve emailed carisoft.

The Autel DS808 is a suitable contender.
Autel has said this performs all functions on the newest Mercedes-AMG etc. About £900 all-in delivered.

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1st Merc 2010 E Class W212 2.1 CDI. 2nd Merc 2014 E Class W212 220 CDI
Hi Jim sorry it took so long mileage in instrument cluster obviously, and in following
2 EIS electronic ignition switch
3 4 cylinder Engine: All actual values : Internal parameters
4 4 cylinder Engine: DPF: check diesel particulate filter
I'm getting different mileage readings from DPF and instrument cluster total kms. Instrument cluster total kms seems to be in metres once converted to miles? I have a slight discrepancy of 300 miles between EIS and LCD reading of mileage on the dash but large discrepancy at DPF reading like 120,000:shock:? Interesting to see if all the mileage readings are the same in those places in your vehicle Jim? My vehicle I have suspected isn't genuine a long time ago:D

Thanks a million. Kev555. This is very useful info. Now I will do a bit of checking.But even if I do discover a discrepancy, its driving beautiful, so I don't think that I will do anything about it. I know that I could legally return it to the business I bought it from, but its now 10 years old, and in the 2.5 years that I've owned it, I've invested time and money in it, so I know exactly what I have. Still nice to know if it's mileage is genuine or not.
Thanks again, Kev,555 you have been most helpful.

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 vito 113 CDI OM651 W639 panel van
The problem with any 3rd party tool is it will lag behind current models by a couple of years.
If checking iCarsoft look at the compatibility chart they publish to make sure your model is covered.

If in doubt try https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...stics.co.uk/&usg=AOvVaw2kB_UFjewSCQuEk7nEeQQH They are an icarsoft authorised dealer, I have emailed them a a couple of times and found them more than helpful. Supply your VIN if they ask and they can verify if it works with you vehicle. Sorry if this breaks any posting rules Admins? or in case theres a forum sponsor that sells Icarsoft products on here

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks a million. Kev555. This is very useful info. Now I will do a bit of checking.But even if I do discover a discrepancy, its driving beautiful, so I don't think that I will do anything about it. I know that I could legally return it to the business I bought it from, but its now 10 years old, and in the 2.5 years that I've owned it, I've invested time and money in it, so I know exactly what I have. Still nice to know if it's mileage is genuine or not.
Thanks again, Kev,555 you have been most helpful.
Forgot how many modules this i980 gets into, took a good while to go through most of them, dont fancy doing it again for a while:confused:

AnthonyUK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C240 estate 2002
You used to be able to see vehicle coverage by module but I cannot find the documents online any more.

OP
badger_wazzala

badger_wazzala

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
63 AMG
I’ve emailed the supplier but I have a feeling icarsoft units only cover up to 2018 vehicles.
Autel said the ds808 covered my Merc but at £900£ I needed them to state for definite that it would or I’d send it back, they replied and said they actually couldn’t be sure of compatibility and the ds808 was a ‘cheap’entry level hand-held for home use.
I guess I’m a peasant.

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
LOL "cheap entry level home user":D I suppose if your a Mercedes owner you probably would get the use and your moneys worth out of it :rolleyes:

OP
badger_wazzala

badger_wazzala

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
63 AMG
LOL "cheap entry level home user":D I suppose if your a Mercedes owner you probably would get the use and your moneys worth out of it :rolleyes:
I thought Mercs were bulletproof? I guessed if the ambulance service use them I could count on the repuation of the brand?

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1st Merc 2010 E Class W212 2.1 CDI. 2nd Merc 2014 E Class W212 220 CDI
I’ve emailed the supplier but I have a feeling icarsoft units only cover up to 2018 vehicles.
Autel said the ds808 covered my Merc but at £900£ I needed them to state for definite that it would or I’d send it back, they replied and said they actually couldn’t be sure of compatibility and the ds808 was a ‘cheap’entry level hand-held for home use.
I guess I’m a peasant.
I thought Mercs were bulletproof? I guessed if the ambulance service use them I could count on the repuation of the brand?

They are still working on the 100% guaranteed bullet proof car......in terms of reliability, MB is not bad. But they are not perfect either, there have been quality issues, the Artico "leather" seat covering being one, and I'm sure that MB owners will have others to add to the list. Even so, there are plenty of members here on the forum who have driven mega -mile's in their Mercedes of choice, without major problems.

OP
badger_wazzala

badger_wazzala

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
63 AMG
I like mine that much I'm looking at a small cheap light merc I can dedicate to the track. I'm running some drag races in the GLC but as far as flying around cadwell in it, I don't think I could risk being side-wiped and cleaned-up by a Saxo VTR.

I also want an old E-class estate as they look cool and comfy.

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
More like who does the best deal where government is concerned or fattest brown envelope in the ministers pocket:D Probably in fairness the chassis they use for the ambulance is fairly good in reliability terms but they only supply a cab and engine;)

OP
badger_wazzala

badger_wazzala

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
63 AMG
I can confirm that the oil service reset can be completed using the iCarsoft CR Pro on a GLC63 AMG.
Easy no-nonsense procedure. IMG_1710.jpg

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
IMG_20200720_101817687.jpg
Just arrived in post this morning. Recommended for any issues arising on our Santa Fe. Doesn't support Santa Fe Epb yet but icarsoft engineers are currently working on support according to Allister at diagnostics world. Look forward to trying it on the Vito to see exactly how many areas it can access on the OM651 lump

OP
badger_wazzala

badger_wazzala

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
63 AMG
Worked a charm for me.
Also used for epb on my Land Rover and I wouldn’t have been able to replace my discs and pads without it.
I reset two service lights already so I’d say I have my money back already.
Wish I’d bought this as my first choice not my third.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Worked a charm for me.
Also used for epb on my Land Rover and I wouldn’t have been able to replace my discs and pads without it.
I reset two service lights already so I’d say I have my money back already.
Wish I’d bought this as my first choice not my third.
It was mentioned several times on the first page.... ;)

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500

probably someone in the marketing team made up the maths that said if you give away 5 million quid's worth of ambulances the RIO on new car sales is 15 billion

forgetting that it was actually only 3 million in profit.... and totally ignoring that the factory can only make 17 RHD models a year which brings in 2 pence

meanwhile in another department an accountant has worked out if he borrows 200 billion at 0% they can be bigger than Toyota by the end of the week.... fortunately they won't do that, thus some of the slush fund can go in bonuses, offset the losses from other basket case marketing activity across the world and anything left over can go in lewis' back pocket

and some market analysist wonder how car companies can get in such debt....

Last edited:

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
View attachment 60418
Just arrived in post this morning. Recommended for any issues arising on our Santa Fe. Doesn't support Santa Fe Epb yet but icarsoft engineers are currently working on support according to Allister at diagnostics world. Look forward to trying it on the Vito to see exactly how many areas it can access on the OM651 lump
Doesn't program injectors on Vito as yet but it does seem to do a DPF regen although haven't tested

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom