Advice on selling old CLK 55 and C300 with private plate

sprince

Reaction score
Hi everyone - my 88 year old father has recently died and in amongst all the many things there are to do, he left 2 Mercedes in his garage. One is a CLK 55 AMG registered in 2000 and the other is a 300 CE 1991 registration. I know nothing about cars and having had a brief look around think that the CLK is worth about £11k (mileage is only 38k) and the CE £2-3k - we are looking for the service history and V5s as we know he looked after them (has owned for long time and they have current MOTs). Any advice on what we should sell for would be much appreciated. Alternatively are either likely to become collectors cars? One has a private plate as well - does anyone have a recommendation for a company that would help us sell the plate? Thank you very much if you can help.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome,, it would be nice if you could take a few photos of the CE and put them up here

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
Welcome to the forum, and i,m sorry for the loss of your Dad.
I think your Dad had very good taste in cars, would,nt you consider keeping either of them for yourself? You really would,nt regret it as both cars are truly fantastic vehicles and once you were to drive the AMG it would be very addictive.
The 124 (300CE) has a bit of fanbase and is by and large considered the last over engineered Merc, and IMO the father of all Mercedes since.
Though with this heritage still doe,snt make them more valueable, to get the money you value the 300CE, the car would have to have a very good service history, good spec ie, leather, electric seats and A/C, low mileage and have no rust. You have only got to look at the prices they go for on e-Bay to see I have seen reasonable ones going from upwards of £800.
The CLK 55 AMG, awesome machine and nice low mileage, but at the price your valuing it at is a bit unrealistic as at that price you could nearly buy the next generation CLK 55 AMG (W209 chassis, your fathers being of a 2000 vintage would be a W208)

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
Hi everyone - my 88 year old father has recently died and in amongst all the many things there are to do, he left 2 Mercedes in his garage. One is a CLK 55 AMG registered in 2000 and the other is a 300 CE 1991 registration. I know nothing about cars and having had a brief look around think that the CLK is worth about £11k (mileage is only 38k) and the CE £2-3k - we are looking for the service history and V5s as we know he looked after them (has owned for long time and they have current MOTs). Any advice on what we should sell for would be much appreciated. Alternatively are either likely to become collectors cars? One has a private plate as well - does anyone have a recommendation for a company that would help us sell the plate? Thank you very much if you can help.

I am looking for a decent 55 amg, What colour is it? Can you show me some pictures?

OP
S

sprince

Reaction score
Thanks for your help on this all of you. I will try and post some pics this week.

gunshy

Reaction score
I'm also looking for a good clk 55. Would be very interested in hearing more about it.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Fight going on for the 55!!!!

Welcome to the forums Gunshy!!!!

wemorgan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 SLK 250CDI
I've also been keeping an eye on W208 CLK 55 AMG prices.
Generally £9k buys a 2001 60k miles FSH from a dealer.
So considering your very low mileage it may also be work £9k.

But it would need to have a FSH and no rust, of which it is sadly very common to see on these cars, especially around the wheel arches.

I doubt the W208 will ever be a true classic car, unlike the more cult following of the W124.

Best wishes with selling the cars.

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
If the CLK has rust issues, and full main dealer history, as it may being such a low mileage example, it may still be covered by some form of rust warranty from MB, if not covered could qualify for a goodwill contribution but don,t tell them you intend to sell it as they would refuse contribution for sure.

buccal

Reaction score
Hope the 55 is black, mint with every extra.........

(and just serviced)

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
That would be tough one to find, I dont think this one is black

Top Bottom