Advice on selling price

shurdle

Reaction score
I'd like to gauge an opinion on what price you think I should advertise my SL for. I have owned my 1992 300-24V SL for about 3 years now but I can no longer justify keeping hold of it, as it is getting so little use and is one of 5 cars in the household.

It has 169,000 miles, MOT until end of September and tax until end of March 2010. It has started to develop a number of niggly electrical faults, some of which I have asked questions about on this forum, but I have not been able to remedy and can't justify throwing money at.

The wiper has just stopped working although from reading on here it sounds as though this should be a matter of tightening the nut on the spindle as I can hear the motor trying to work.The roof will not fully raise without a little pressure on the bow to lock in to place and the heater control will not change the direction of air flow away from the windscreen.

I was thinking of sticking it on Pistonheads for maybe £2995 - is this realistic?

Thanks for any advice

robparker

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
220d (115), 190d (201), c63 (204), 220ce (124)
That sounds cheap enough that people will probably look past the faults it does have, where abouts are you?

OP
S

shurdle

Reaction score
I'm in Guildford. I hoped that would be the case. The cheapest on Autotrader at the moment seemed to be £3,995 but that was from a Trader, so I assume that it would generally be in better overall condition.

kth286

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 Coupe 95
mechanical/electrical problems can always be fixed BUT how does the car look ?

Body/interior more important as always expensive to bring back to spec.

What is the body/interior like ?

Colours would be good to know and any rust.

May be people on here interested.

OP
S

shurdle

Reaction score
The bodywork is generally very good. Colour is a kind of charcoal grey/black. I am just trying to work out how to host some pictures and then I will post a link.

Thanks

Simon

OP
S

shurdle

Reaction score
I have just a really quick stab at creating a basic webpage to host some pics on. If you use the following link, you should see about 20 or so pictures. I have shown some close ups on areas where there are blemishes.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/mercedesslpics/gallery.html

The pics are actually quite large, so you should be able to zoom in. For some reason, doubleclicking on them doesn't work however and you have to open picture by right clicking and view image.

Thanks

Simon

iamjohnlarkin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
190E 2.6 1993; C200K 2002
Simon

I would like to try and get down to look at your 300SL.

Might you be available in the next week.

Sorry I cannot be more specific but my car is in the shop, and i await news when it'll be fixed, hopefully tomorrow.

Regards

JL

OP
S

shurdle

Reaction score
Have sent you an email with contact details if you want to come and have a look. Can do most evenings from 7pm onwards or this weekend.

Thanks

Simon

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom