Wheel

Reaction score
Website
oldmusicvideos.blogspot.com
Your Mercedes
Mercedes B200 Sport
Hmmm.... I thought I replied to this thread last night, but it looks like I forgot the click the post button.

Oh well. It's fairly cool for a young person to own a Mercedes. It's pretty straight forward really. It's because they have an old man image that makes this so.

It's a bit like brandy (although actually I can't stand the stuff).

I was 23 when I got my first Merc too. Great age for buying one judging by the posts in this thread so it would seem.

chris1200

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204
I was 29 when I bought my first Mercedes. For me, a Mercedes is a car. It is nothing more than that. This is my third one and I drive it because I like the look of it and it drives fabulously.
My age is irrelevant as far as my car is concerned and I couldn't give a fiddlers elbow what other people think about my suitability to drive a Mercedes.
When I get to the point where I want another car I might buy a Honda or a Ford or a Toyota if I see one that takes my fancy......or I might buy another Mercedes. To me the badge is not important.

Remenham

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
a140
Whilst we on this site may have things to say about our cars, I do not believe they necessarily say anything about us.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Whilst we on this site may have things to say about our cars, I do not believe they necessarily say anything about us.

I am not sure about that reading some of the post :shock:

Cohiba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 SL320 1995 C180. Freelander2 2012
Well I am 77 drive a big old S class, where a hood and always a chick in the passenger seat

Is the "Chick" to help you work the gear leaver, Malcolm ;):)

My Chick is there because it's her car. Pity she hasn’t a driving licence. It's only my car when it need cleaning or filling up:lol:;);)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Is the "Chick" to help you work the gear leaver, Malcolm ;):)

My Chick is there because it's her car. Pity she hasn’t a driving licence. It's only my car when it need cleaning or filling up:lol:;);)

I have known her so long its all automatic now :cool:

dizzy lizzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL129 (diesel),2 x 124 250D,190d 2.5
Jeezus.....

If you need to wear your hoody to keep your bleedin ears warm ...then you obviously can't afford to have the bleeding heating fixed. Jeezus....I despair.....

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Jeezus.....

If you need to wear your hoody to keep your bleedin ears warm ...then you obviously can't afford to have the bleeding heating fixed. Jeezus....I despair.....

You are missing the point, the hoody bit is part of the image when driving a Benz

dizzy lizzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You are missing the point, the hoody bit is part of the image when driving a Benz

He did say to keep his ears warm....anyway Malc.....I think a labotomy might be a good investment ..throw away the hoody:lol::lol::lol:

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Would have had one at 23 but I was broke.
I used to drive one at 17 (a nice new 380SE) but that was obviously my Dads.
I was offered a hand-me-down W123 250 when I was 19 but it was too thirsty - I did think hard about it though. Plumped for a Ford instead.
Got my first when I was 29 (just). On my 3rd now.
Clothing wise - personally I dress as I want. The car has no influence.
I must admit to looking at my reflection as I got out of the merc whilst wearing a DJ at a wedding recently - did rather complete the ensemble, but most of the time I'm a scruffy, unshaven urchin in a beanie and rather enjoy the look on peoples faces as I pile out of my merc. I guess the automatic expectation is a desparate to impress bloke in a suit.

I always turn up to interviews in it, but I've never been interviewed in the car park so I doubt the interviewer had a clue what I'm driving. Come to think of it, I did have to tell the last place when booking my parking spot - still got the job. I don't flash the key though. Theres no point rubbing it in (even if their 11 plate focus is worth considerably more than my 54 merc these days).
As I'm a freelancer, on the face of it, doing the same job as the permies, only on more money, it can lead to some mildly jelous comments but as I say to them, if it's so easy, why aren't you doing the same as me? They normally make some pathetic excuse and shut up at that point. If it wasn't the car it'd be something else.

Last edited:

shine

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL 500.W216 + C300 Coupe AMG Line 2018
I would have thought any person driving an S Class with a hoody up would run the risk of the Police stopping you every 5 min...It is not something i would ever consider.

dizzy lizzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
well I was stopped for driving erratically and I am sure the policeman only really stopped me because of the new shoes I was wearing...Ok..they may have been a bit high...but I am sure it didn't effect my driving..I may walk like Dick Emery in them, but I can drive OK...even with the fury bit at the top. What do you think:rolleyes:

Attachments

• shoes-women-office-fluffy-heeled-3897834-Gallay.jpg
    shoes-women-office-fluffy-heeled-3897834-Gallay.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 6

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W638, W140, W220, W639 All gone but not forgotten
Oh, looks like I'm the youngest to have a luxury Mercedes-Benz.
I was 7 years old at the time...no truthfully I was. Santa left it in my Christmas stocking, a wonderful Corgi 220B fintail model ;)

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
I never had one before because I truthfully never liked them. Well maybe the cabrio's.

But about 20 years ago I went out with a girl whose dad had a cleaning firm. She had (I'm guessing) an old SL saloon or similar? So when she went to work at various places to cover staff, sort out problems etc. she would turn up with the cleaners driving this mb. That was always funny to see managers or security with a gaping jaw.

I dont think they have that special charisma today as they once did.
Even though I think they are and look a lot better.

shine

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL 500.W216 + C300 Coupe AMG Line 2018
From what I hear the shoes were all you were wearing - no wonder you got stopped Lizzy. Remember to put your dress on next time :)

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
I took out an HP to buy an E220cdi at 23. Best car I've ever had.

And I am no pillar of achievement nor image.

This thread is silly. There is no age or criteria to drive a car. Merely its dicated by personal taste and the size of your wallet, or if you're lucky, the willinglness and size of your folks.

Someone at my work has a GTR Nissan, he will not earn in a year half its purchase cost. Do I care, nope, his folks bought him a nice present. Does it effect my life he has a more expensive car than me, no.

dizzy lizzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
From what I hear the shoes were all you were wearing - no wonder you got stopped Lizzy. Remember to put your dress on next time :)

Oh that's what they meant when they said...you've been pulled in by the fuzz:Oops::Oops:

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
certainly no class necessary. i should know, ive had 3 MBs and DEFINITELY no class!!!!:shock::shock::shock::shock::lol::lol::lol::lol:

mika63

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes-Benz
i use this forum to read and discuss mercedes cars rather than to talk of class, politics, what i do for a living etc

conducting research ...mmm

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom