christopherwk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 E220d SE
I bought my first Mercedes when I was 24 - the one in my avatar. I now drive a facelifted silver one.

I bought it because I use it for work. When I'm not at work (or on duty), I sometimes wear a hoody - I don't wear it up though, because as previously mentioned, I won't be able to see to the side clearly, and a cheap pair of trainers.

I don't think no one bothers or cares.

fozzymandeus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 SL350
I'm 34.

People do look at me strangely when I get out of the car at ASDA, however I think this could be for a number of factors besides the car:

1. Genetics has lead to me resembling a tall Charlie Brown, and I often wear "distressed" jeans, a hoodie and converse daps (excellent driving shoes fyi).

2. People at ASDA look at everyone in a strange way.

3. I like to drive around with a large confederate flag flying from a flagpole in the passenger seat when I have the roof down.

(One of the three may not be true).

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W638, W140, W220, W639 All gone but not forgotten
I know a man who has the smallest manhood ever and he drives a drives a massive 5.0 litre Mercedes-Benz...

I am not implying in any way shape or form that everyone with a 5.0 litre Mercedes-Benz is challenged in the trouser department :lol::lol:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I know a man who has the smallest manhood ever and he drives a drives a massive 5.0 litre Mercedes-Benz...

I am not implying in any way shape or form that everyone with a 5.0 litre Mercedes-Benz is challenged in the trouser department :lol::lol:

Have you been spying on me again :(

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda

I thought it was mandatory to get a ferrari in such circumstances - thats certainly the rule round our way ;-)

Herr Rosa Teddy Baer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
None at present

Is it not true that if you drive a 5+ litre Mercedes-Benz and not challenged in the trouser department.......the car has be debadged?

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Is it not true that if you drive a 5+ litre Mercedes-Benz and not challenged in the trouser department.......the car has be debadged?

You need to ask Malcolm that question :shock:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
No Malcolm, Lillian is a great source for information ;);)

Things get lost in the translation , Kiss means "to pee" and sex means "six"

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Things get lost in the translation , Kiss means "to pee" and sex means "six"

Watersports are not my thing Malcolm, but so long as you are both ok with it, that's fine by me ;)

OP
Mcobinad

Mcobinad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 Designo Black paint, R500 W251, CL600 W216
I made it clear that this thread was purely for research purpose hence the reason i wanted to know what some folks thought about the series of questions asked above.

Some on here said that am the one with issues. Regarding this, i would have written something very nasty but at this point it's unnecessary. I can't be bothered because this is only a research and in every finding or research, there is always ambiguity and divergence of opinions. I respect this. I expected people to go straight to the questions and answer them if they could but some hijacked it and turned it into something else as if they care less about my research. I think, it was a mistake asking this question on this forum in the first place. I will not repeat it next time.

I want to thank all honourable members that contributed positively. A big thumbs up to you all
smiley.jpg
! I want to thank also those who contributed negatively and also those who stayed neutral. I want to thank those who hijacked the thread. I want to thank those who thought it unwise to contribute to this post.

Out of all the responses given so far, i have taken those that will help towards compiling my 'Results'. I don't know if it's worth continuing posting on this forum.

Please can a moderator now close this thread? :)

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Touchy.

If this is in fact research, then I would advise you to ask clear and concise questions, and number them. Yours was a rambling post...and frankly made no sense for the most part.

c36

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180/1999
i was 15 when I bought my first merc! its a w202 c180 I got it to replace my dads carlton as at the time being he had no job due to illness so no money.

I myself dont care what anyone else think about what i drive, im a mercedes and for me nothing else will do.

And i will dress how i wish when im driving ( i dont like hoods anyway!)

better than what most 18 year olds drive, a saxo or a corsa

roofless

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124 e220 estate
I made it clear that this thread was purely for research purpose hence the reason i wanted to know what some folks thought about the series of questions asked above.

Some on here said that am the one with issues. Regarding this, i would have written something very nasty but at this point it's unnecessary. I can't be bothered because this is only a research and in every finding or research, there is always ambiguity and divergence of opinions. I respect this. I expected people to go straight to the questions and answer them if they could but some hijacked it and turned it into something else as if they care less about my research. I think, it was a mistake asking this question on this forum in the first place. I will not repeat it next time.

I want to thank all honourable members that contributed positively. A big thumbs up to you all
smiley.jpg
! I want to thank also those who contributed negatively and also those who stayed neutral. I want to thank those who hijacked the thread. I want to thank those who thought it unwise to contribute to this post.

Out of all the responses given so far, i have taken those that will help towards compiling my 'Results'. I don't know if it's worth continuing posting on this forum.

I would like to thank you for having a good sense of humor :D

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
We do go off track on some threads, given the chance, one just cannot do that when someone has problems.

If you read between the lines I am sure Mcobinad that you can get some useful info from it.:D

Developer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo

smiley.jpg

Don't let them get you down.

I enjoy the variety you bring to the forum and the "unusual" way your posts are written always make for an interesting read.

I also think you are very proud of you and yours and that's OK by me.

Stay with the forum - I for one like your style.

chris1200

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204
I honestly didn't realise you were asking specific questions that you wanted accurate and concise answers to in your original post. I thought you were just "thinking out loud" and sharing your thoughts. Forums do tend to ramble, there's always going to be someone who deviates from the original theme. We're all guilty of it at some point or another. Don't let it upset you.

Incidentally, what was the purpose of your research?

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom