Air Con Leak - 220cdi - 2001 production

antonius

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c class 220cdi coupe -51 reg
I have a leak in the air-con system. This leak is at the input valve, just in front of the main radiator. I have charge the system about 4 times and used stop-leak once. The dealership have offerred to fix it but cannot give a fixed price. The problem being a design fault - the condenser block is aluminum and the input valve is steel - two differing metals. If the valve is removed it could strip the thread. That pushes up the price to £850 from a straight replacement valve £250. I have contact MB Milton Keynes but they are not interested. Is there any way of dealing with this problem without having to replace the condenser, because the thread has stripped ?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom