Air Con Trouble

baronites

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c200 estate 1999
Hi out there,
My smart forfour 2005 has had the air conditioning gassed up twice in the last week the first time it worked lovely but stopped working in two days. The place where i had it gassed said that there were no leaks registered on their machine. I have just had it re gassed again today , any ideas as to the cause.
thanks
Ronnie.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
They normally use a dye to test for leaks, but all the system cannot be seen like the evaporator as its in the heater box

OP
B

baronites

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c200 estate 1999
Thanks for the information. It was tested for leaks on the machine prior to filling, if there was a leak it would not have filled the gas up. Thats to the best of my knowledge.
thanks Ronnie

Carl@MBS

<span style="color: red;">Authorised Forum Support
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
164 320 AMG & 211 320CDI
A air in service machine will evacuate the system them run a vacuum test if it sees no drop in vacuum then it will allow the system to be charged. What you need to remember is a vacuum is very different to pressure! Pressure is what the system will run under every moment after it is charged. I see it all the time, on all cars the most likely point of a leak will be the condenser radiator, or a pipe. Have the system charged with OFN ( oxygen. Free nitrogen) and dye and find the source of the leak. Of course if you look carefully you might see a damp/ oily patch somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom