air-con

tonic27

Reaction score
hi guys not been on for a while.....apologies, anyway driving down the road the other thinking its not very cold in here so in my "wisdom" went to kwik-fit tore-gas the system, after two attempts (first one he programmed the wrong car in to the computer) second seemed to go ok, temp check on vents (full cold setting) 11.5c is this a good reading????

so when i got home i checked the temp myself- meter and thermo couple........down to 5c!!!! all good.

today its back to 12c..?????

anybody got any ideas??

many thank inadvance

Paul.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello Paul,,what is the car please

Number_Cruncher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 E300D TE
>>so when i got home i checked the temp myself- meter and thermo couple........down to 5c!!!! all good.

>>today its back to 12c..?????

How much time has elapsed beteen the two measurements?

If the gas has leaked very quicky, then, I would suspect one of the service valves is leaking. Vacuum testing the system is completely blind to faults in the service valve, because the valves are open during the test.

As a quick, cheap test, make a soap bubble across the top of each valve, and see if the bubble grows.

OP
T

tonic27

Reaction score
morning, firstly its a 2005 c270 cdi 203 w, and i tried the ports with washing-up liquid but it seemed ok?? the time between leaving kwik-fit to m re-testing was about 10 mins, im going to re-test today as its a poor weather day and see what i get, its just too inconsistant..... does anyone have a rough idea of the min air temp coming out of the vents (i know this is subject to ambient temp)

thanks

Paul.

Last edited:

nickcc101

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S203 C180 auto estate 2001 (sold)
Not much help but when i had my AC regassed by Kwick-fit they agreed to a three months guarantee, so suggest you take it back and at least get your money back.

OP
T

tonic27

Reaction score
tested temp with normal thermometer, outside temp 18c vent temp 9c tested again aoutside temp 24c vent temp 13c any ideas???

Paul

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Why not do a re set as per my instructions

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
You may have a leak, normally condensor, did kf put a dye in to trace any possible/future leaks?

OP
T

tonic27

Reaction score
You may have a leak, normally condensor, did kf put a dye in to trace any possible/future leaks?

morning, no they just used the machine that does the job lot, take out pressure test, load with gas......

just a bit more info, when i turn off the air con i can feel the air getting warmer and the car starts to mist-up, so i switch it back on and it then gets cooler but not "cold"

Paul.

OP
T

tonic27

Reaction score
Why not do a re set as per my instructions

hi malcolm, ive just read your post, my eyes were shut this morning, does the re-set work for my car?? it does not have the digital read-out for air-con.

thanks

Paul.

OP
T

tonic27

Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
T

tonic27

Reaction score
Hi guys, I was just wandering if anybody would be kind enough to measure tha air temp when the car is set to coldest setting?

Thanks in advance

Paul.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom