Air vent air freshener has cracked plastic vent housing

Lord_Lucan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
No longer own a Mercedes Benz
I was in a foul mood already this morning then I come out for the car to see that the air vent air freshener has leaked and caused the vent trim to crack! FFS!

See the attached picture specifically above the Radio and Disc buttons.

Not happy to say the least!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    379.6 KB · Views: 59

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
Wow!

It did a proper job on that.

Grumpy for rest of day then? But hopefully not too expensive to fix.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Lord_Lucan

Lord_Lucan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It certainly didn’t help improve my mood. I’m scouring eBay for a replacement and it’s looking at circa £50 so not the end of the world but not what I needed after Xmas.

On the other hand I managed to revive the tumble dryer which would’ve obviously cost a heap more to replace so a mixed bag overall.

OP
Lord_Lucan

Lord_Lucan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Got the part out to double check the part number and it’s now looking like £80 plus delivery unless I can pick one up from somewhere else. Part number: A2048304054

GlosRichCLK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 W177 A180 SE auto, 2012 W212 E350 CDi Sport saloon, 2001 CLK 230 K Cabriolet A208
I've heard about those air fresheners causing problems, staining etc, but not cracking/erosion....wow thats bad.

peterws1957

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl350 /2004/3.7 and CL65/2009/6.0
I've heard about those air fresheners causing problems, staining etc, but not cracking/erosion....wow thats bad.
Really should come with a warning about affecting plastics etc. Previous owner of my daily driver ruined the fascia with spilled air freshener. Wouldn't have one in the car now.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Really should come with a warning about affecting plastics etc. Previous owner of my daily driver ruined the fascia with spilled air freshener. Wouldn't have one in the car now.
I think a lot of them do come with warnings, but probably not clearly enough!
Ditto, won’t have one in the car, rather it be smelly than wrecked!

OP
Lord_Lucan

Lord_Lucan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Indeed....I think it got knocked whilst I was changing the heater controls or something. I'll not be having one of those in the car ever again. Going to give the California Scents tubs a try instead.

MB Grangemouth weren't able to get a decent price on this occasion. I went with Dronsfields instead....part should arrive Friday.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I refuse to use anything that attaches to vents as the vents aren't really made for things to be attached.

OP
Lord_Lucan

Lord_Lucan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I refuse to use anything that attaches to vents as the vents aren't really made for things to be attached.

With hindsight I’d have to concur. I think the vent could take the weight of it but it’s just in the way when trying to reposition the slats and I more than likely caused it to become knocked out of position.

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
If you have leather seats there's nothing better than the smell of the car after treating the leather to a good dose of Gliptone. :D

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom