Airbag reset tool 38pin?

coolpot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180/2002/1.8p
Hi i got a airbag reset tool - i have solved the issue with why the airbag came on, i now just need to reset the light - however its a tool i had a while back, i never realised its a round 38pin socket?? i hoped it would be the OBD socket connector? This is a 2007 A-class. i notice there is a convertor from odb to the round socket, do i need that or is there a differnt location for the airbag reset?

would d/c the battery sort this?

this is the adapter i mention..
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/38-OBD2-16-Pi...h=item360142818536&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262

Last edited:

GCLTuning

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.gcltuning.co.uk
This is still and OBD socket ! Just order the cable and all will be fine to reset

Disconnecting the battery will not make a difference due to not being stored in the "temp" memory section of the ECU .. you will need the tool to reset .

Regards

OP
C

coolpot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180/2002/1.8p
sorry what do you mean? :)

basically the car has a rectangular socket, my tool is round (that sounds dodgy)
:p

hte car has the OBD like this... \====/

and my service reset tool is a circle with 38 metal pins... any ideas?

thanks!

LYNALL

Reaction score
Service reset tool will prob only do engine faults and not air bags gearbox etc etc.

Lynall

OP
C

coolpot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180/2002/1.8p
nah, the issue i have is the port i found looks like this.. \=====/
and the port on the tool is round 38pin socket - the tool has a service and a airbag/srs reset buttons, but liek i say the only problem is the port i found on the car is the new obd port, really im just wondering if theres a seperate port for the SRS reset, or if maybe this tool is for older mercs...i think maybe it is..

Top Bottom