Airbag reset tool 38pin?

coolpot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180/2002/1.8p
Hi i got a airbag reset tool - i have solved the issue with why the airbag came on, i now just need to reset the light - however its a tool i had a while back, i never realised its a round 38pin socket?? i hoped it would be the OBD socket connector? This is a 2007 A-class. i notice there is a convertor from odb to the round socket, do i need that or is there a differnt location for the airbag reset?

would d/c the battery sort this?

this is the adapter i mention..
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/38-OBD2-16-Pi...h=item360142818536&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262

Last edited:

GCLTuning

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.gcltuning.co.uk
This is still and OBD socket ! Just order the cable and all will be fine to reset

Disconnecting the battery will not make a difference due to not being stored in the "temp" memory section of the ECU .. you will need the tool to reset .

Regards

OP
C

coolpot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180/2002/1.8p
sorry what do you mean? :)

basically the car has a rectangular socket, my tool is round (that sounds dodgy)
:p

hte car has the OBD like this... \====/

and my service reset tool is a circle with 38 metal pins... any ideas?

thanks!

LYNALL

Reaction score
Service reset tool will prob only do engine faults and not air bags gearbox etc etc.

Lynall

OP
C

coolpot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c180/2002/1.8p
nah, the issue i have is the port i found looks like this.. \=====/
and the port on the tool is round 38pin socket - the tool has a service and a airbag/srs reset buttons, but liek i say the only problem is the port i found on the car is the new obd port, really im just wondering if theres a seperate port for the SRS reset, or if maybe this tool is for older mercs...i think maybe it is..

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom