Airmatic query

SteveB73

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320Long CDi
Hi All,

I have like so many w220 owners some airmatic issues.

I have an old snap on Ethos diagnostic box, which reads the air suspension okay, however, when i look at 'live' data for suspension it only displays info for left front level and body accelerator.

The box also picked up trouble codes for right front level and right front body accelerator (component failure)

I figure that explains why there's no live data for RF accelerator however if i unplug said sensor, it immediately puts up visit workshop, so it must know its there? Also should there not be data for the rear too?

I am not a diagnostics expert but figure that the Accelerator needs replacing but could this have led to the level code too? and the reason the front right sags after only few miles (which is a total pain because the previous owner lowered car and wheels foul arches after more than 1/3 turn of the wheel, on the list to change..)

I sprayed some soapy water on valve block today and got some great bubbles which i have fixed (hopefully) with some new o-rings.

I also noted the pipe out the back of the compressor that goes to the filter is completely perished and holed. What does this actually do? I assumed the nylon pipe was the outlet from compressor to valve block and then to struts and/or reservoir from there?

Sorry its so many questions but I cant believe I have bought myself so much trouble so soon. Barely had it a month :-( Frustration is boiling over..

OP
SteveB73

SteveB73

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320Long CDi
So an update.

I bought some level sensors and body accelerator sensors from eBay. However before fitting, I tried just switching the body sensors from left to right and it still only getting data from left side. Which I’m assuming means right hand sensor is functional.

I altered the bracket that had been used to lower the car all be it on the right side only so far that test whether it would increase height that side any, which it hasn’t?

Is there anyone who knows what is happening here? I’m loathed to take it to main dealer as car is not worth what the bill will no doubt be?

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
So if swapping it has made no difference check the wiring continuity. You may have a damaged wire or connector somewhere?

OP
SteveB73

SteveB73

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320Long CDi
thanks for suggestion LostKiwi, presumably they should all go to plugs in module by fuse box?
Just been quoted £165 by MB dealer to plug it in, they seem to think my Snap On Ethos has a software issue that is not enabling it to read. Is this likely?
Do/ anyone know a good MB Indi in east Sussex with Star Machine? Is there a list on forum?

OP
SteveB73

SteveB73

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320Long CDi
Thanks John. I’ve found a guy close to me on the website. Just a case of when he can see me now. Waiting for return call..

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom