alarm/imobiliser

nickonestop

Reaction score
cant get car to start red and green light constantly flashing on mirror c180 elegance 1996

C

C180 Chris

My C180 does that sometimes
Try sitting in the car and using the infra red lock it..
then unlock it and wait a few seconds for the green light to stop flashing

Then try to start it, this may sound basic, but it worked on mine with exactly the same problem.

I am assuming that your I/R keyfob works, right?

OP
N

nickonestop

Reaction score
thanks for that i tried that in the car outside the car no luck someone told me it could be the sensor in the mirror is this possible

C

C180 Chris

Not sure that the sensor is in the mirror, does the car lock and unlock via the infra red remote ok and if so which lights work then?

OP
N

nickonestop

Reaction score
hi yes i can lock and unlock the car with the infa red key but you know when you unlock the doors the central locking knob pops up and in one or two seconds the indicators flash twice and the light on the door handle goes to green mine does all that but the light goes green-red flashing together

roofless

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124 e220 estate
have you looked in the diy section some good info on alarm/imob

C

C180 Chris

Ok, sounds like an alarm/imobiliser fault rather than a key problem.
Maybe worth trying to search the forum for any similar problems and if nothing it may be a wait for a more experienced person than me to direct you to the fault.

all the best

C

C180 Chris

I hate the things

It seems odd that you can not overide the imob even when opening with the key ?? Not sure if that is how its meant to be or if its just my two??
Just hope its not all coded to the car meaning you need to get the MB dealer to code a new unit for you! ( my scorpio had a problem like that and the whole lot needed changing locks and all)
all the best and good luck,

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Try changing the batteries in the remote first though the key will operate the central locking does,nt actually mean its operating the alarm system, normally when the red & green lights flash it is indicating they are flat/going flat.

Dec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
As above, Red and green flashing TOGETHER, means batteries are low so the imobeliser hasn’t disarmed so you can’t start the car.

Red and green flashing ALTERNITAVLEY when you put the key in ignition and turn it to position 2 means the imobeliser hasn’t disarmed because your battries are low Or installed incorrectly Or your key fob isn’t transmitting a signal... I think.

See… http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showthread.php?t=26888&page=5 … read the whole thread

Sorry about the above spelling.

Dec

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom