alloy wheels

craig amg211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
03 e55 amg
hello everyone im looking for a product that makes the wheels stay cleaner for longer,i wash them and in 10 miles they are covered in dust,ive tried polish this helps a bit but comes off quickly.any ideas

100%Bitch

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
215 CL600, 216 Facelift CL500, 172 SLK55, Nissan Cube, R170 SLK230 & an Auto Trail Comanche.
I use Turtlewax Nano-Tech wheel polish and seems to work quite well.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
I clean my alloys and apply a coating of Colinite 915 wax. Each wash I use detailing spray to maintain the surface. Brake dust simply wipes away :)

antijam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 SLK320
I've used the Turtlewax Nano-Tech wax for wheels too - and it is pretty good. Even better I've found is to clean and polish the wheels thoroughly and then apply Autoglym High Definition Wax. This makes subsequent cleaning much easier and preserves the original finish for a long time.

I used to think this wax was ludicrously expensive - until I came across this! Why not give your car a real treat and splash out on a tub of the 'Divine'? :shock::shock:;)

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
This is not a problem to me as I use EBC green pads and any dust just washes off and it is not that horrible black stuff

OP
C

craig amg211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
03 e55 amg
i was considering the pad material,do i stay genuine or try the ebc pads car is e55 amg 2003

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
i was considering the pad material,do i stay genuine or try the ebc pads car is e55 amg 2003

I have used them for some 12 years now and have them in my V70R and SL500

djheap22

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 2005 - W209 facelift; VW Golf MK1 Clipper
ive just changed to ebc pads and also think the dust is a lot easier to clean off. Even inbetween cleans just seems to put a gray oversheen on the alloys.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ive just changed to ebc pads and also think the dust is a lot easier to clean off. Even inbetween cleans just seems to put a gray oversheen on the alloys.

I do not think that EBC pads have any metal in them,,it is the hot metal flakes that burn into the wheels,,and as you say it washes or wipes off

HelpThisDude

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C270CDI, R172 SLK55 AMG
I Agree with Malcom, EBC Greenstuff pads, excellent stuff.
I bought a wheel seal, on the advice from a detailing forum. I applied the 3 coats as specified. Cost quite a bit and It made about as much difference a using normal car wax :(
Live and learn I guess.....

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I Agree with Malcom, EBC Greenstuff pads, excellent stuff.
I bought a wheel seal, on the advice from a detailing forum. I applied the 3 coats as specified. Cost quite a bit and It made about as much difference a using normal car wax :(
Live and learn I guess.....

This is an interesting topic, you would have thought that the major pads makes would have tried to improve their products,, they have been disgusting for 50 years

antijam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 SLK320
This is an interesting topic, you would have thought that the major pads makes would have tried to improve their products,, they have been disgusting for 50 years

50 years ago not that many cars were wearing disc brakes - or alloy wheels for that matter. The old asbestos pad material (which we used to blow about gaily using compressed air to clean the brakes and wheels! :shock:) was much kinder to paintwork, leaving a black powdery deposit easily removed with the wipe of a rag. What's more, discs would last almost indefinitely - many for the life of the car.

With asbestos outlawed, lining material has become much more agressive and we all now know how difficult it is to remove brake residue these days. It's not just pads that wear out now either - discs have become sacrificial items too, and you'll rarely get away with more than one pad change before the discs need replacing too.

As you say Malcolm, one might have expected manufacturers to have come up with a better solution by now, but perhaps I am being cynical in thinking that selling a pad/disc combination generates more profit than just a set of pads? :rolleyes:

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom