Alternator part number

George Dorris

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1985/190D/220
Hello all, hope perhaps one of you has the expertise I need. We own a 1985 190D, however, I believe the engine has been changed to a 220 or 240. I base this on a remark I think I heard from the seller when we went to pick up the car.

In any case, I have had to replace the alternator, however, the pulley on the specified alternator for the 190D is approx 0.4 inches behind the plane of the other pulleys. In essence, I will need to modify the alternator with a 0.4 inch spacer behind the pulley.

With this information can anybody out there tell me what engine I need to specify to get the proper alternator? Failing that, can somebody tell me how to identify the engine in the car?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Not easy, try and look through here http://mb.ilcats.ru/ you will need to click on the engine, the original was a 601

OP
G

George Dorris

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1985/190D/220
Alternator

Malcom,
Thanks for the effort, but that link seems to be in cyrilic. Will you doble check the link and repost?
George

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
info

George its in Russian ,but you must have a vin number to cary on .Thats not the same as your engine. You have to put engine and chassis no in to find iformation. You have a problem mate . Try this chap ,as he could help you ,- threepointedparts@hotmail.co.uk this gent sells all parts for MBs and might know.Tell him your engine type and see if he as a alternator brkt. Good luck .His name is Rob by the way.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom