am I getting old?

prwales

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ge300, w124 300e, various VW's
BUT is all the extra stuff REALLY doing any good?

Pete.
I think the little we save the planet by running a car with all the emission gizmos is a drop in the ocean compared to what some countries pollute the atmosphere. If they really believe our planet is under threat by pollution, the clean-up needs to be worldwide.

Another positive thing about modern car technology & maybe helped by oil quality. When I was an apprentice in late 60s early 70s we used to get cars in for engine overhauls with 60k miles on them, they were worn out. A modern car is just run in at 60k.

thats a bit of a cop out, it has to start with each and everyone of us in all our daily actions particularly our spending

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
BUT is all the extra stuff REALLY doing any good?

Pete.
I think the little we save the planet by running a car with all the emission gizmos is a drop in the ocean compared to what some countries pollute the atmosphere. If they really believe our planet is under threat by pollution, the clean-up needs to be worldwide.

Another positive thing about modern car technology & maybe helped by oil quality. When I was an apprentice in late 60s early 70s we used to get cars in for engine overhauls with 60k miles on them, they were worn out. A modern car is just run in at 60k.

And if you go back to the 50's a ford side valve would only go 22k miles, no motorways then and no one traveled that far really

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I feel like I have just stumbled into an *OLD BEN nursing home don't worry the ovaltines back on tonight.

* Motor Trade Nursing Home.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
it would be nice if there was such a thing as a Mercedes old folk's home :D

But thinking about it maybe not a good idea if forums are anything to go by:(

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
The walls would be damp and running with rust and you would have to use STAR to get assistance.
The receptionist would be cute though but the fees would cripple us :lol::lol:

R W

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 E320cdi/ Sclass 2012 350cdi
it would be nice if there was such a thing as a Mercedes old folk's home :D
But thinking about it maybe not a good idea if forums are anything to go by:(

Malcolm. We could always monitor who lives there with us, any undesirables would not be allowed in.

I would be paranoid about rust from owning 210 MBs, I would be spraying waxoil on my Zimmer frame & painting it with Por15 to stop the rust.

Malcolm, could have a mobility 4 wheel electric scooter “With everything“ It would have to have a 7G transmission, distronic, heated massage memory seat, lane assist, command, HG sound system,ect,ect.

We could sit at nights with our ovaltines complaining about how unreliable our Zimmer & scooters are .
Sounds a good idea.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Count me in when can I come ?
I will bring my AMG mobility scooter.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom