Am I Mad to pay the £20k final payment ?

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Well Decision Made, I've Bought It, Paid the final value fee!
Lets hope I don't regret it!

I think you would have regretted parting with it, where would you find something better/as well cared for for the money, I think you’ve made a very wise decision

ernieh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi Q2 Sport, 2022, 1.5 Petrol
I think you've made the right decision, after all, you know the car. However, if I were you, I'd take out an MB extended warranty, just in case...If you do it by phoning, as distinct from their website you should be able to do it for a price that competes favourably with 3rd party suppliers. I had a NOx sensor go down just a few weeks after the warranty expired and, although MB may have goodwilled one of them, as they need to be matched pairs, I would have had to pay for the other. THe cost of the job to me would have been around £1200.

Ernie

Adamki83

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E-class, 2005, E270CDI (2.7) + 1992 Mercedes 500SL (R129)
My 2015 c220d premier plus estate with privacy glass, air-matic suspension, in brilliant blue, totally unmarked with 12300 miles on the clock. I have a real dilemma as its going to cost me £20k to keep it, plus £430 for A4 Service and mot, plus tyres in the near future.

I scared that its value will plummet with the diesel stigma, plus the scandal of Mercedes emissions now coming to light. I love the car but is it really worth paying £20k for it.

Please give some sensible suggestions as I'm starting to worry about it.
I assume this is a pcp?
I think in terms of this whole diesel thing you should be alright for at least 5 years, what you could do if you like the car and intend on keeping it and making full use out of it then you could take out a bank loan on it.
The beauty of doing this is that you’re paying off the car plus the car is physically yours. You can sell it whenever you like as It should show as no outstanding finance.
For example:
You could take a loan out at £20k, at a 3% interest rate over 5 years payments should be around £340 a month.
If it helps you I plan on staying with diesel until they pry it from my hands!!!!!!!!!

Also at any time you feel you don’t want a diesel car you can sell it at any point, obviously you have to keep paying the loan but it means if you have to you can buy a petrol alternative!
A bank loan was the route I went down, although it was only a small one I think it gives you a way more versatile way of doing things!

Top Bottom