AMG wheel corrosion - don’t want powder coating

OP
rorywquin

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Nope, but they look all shiny for the buyer and that is the most important part.

They usually get away with it as people kerb their wheels so they blame them for the milkyness
Exactly why I am fighting MB on this. The corrosion is from the hubs outward and the rest of each wheel is pristine. This is not milkiness but lumps of corrosion. That is a toothpick in the picture. IMG_1267 2.JPG

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Exactly why I am fighting MB on this. The corrosion is from the hubs outward and the rest of each wheel is pristine. This is not milkiness but lumps of corrosion. That is a toothpick in the picture. View attachment 69845
Late to this one. That’s water ingress under the lacquer blowing it off the surface. Poor build quality.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Exactly why I am fighting MB on this. The corrosion is from the hubs outward and the rest of each wheel is pristine. This is not milkiness but lumps of corrosion. That is a toothpick in the picture. View attachment 69845
That’s lacquered that is, I’ll get my coat…:rolleyes:

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Always happens there, weak spot in the lacquer not helped by the centre cap being taken in and out
I think it’s more that there’s a sharp corner where the centre cap well starts, that isn’t radiused or properly broken. That leaves a very shallow depth of lacquer… which then forms the weak spot as you say.

OP
rorywquin

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I think it’s more that there’s a sharp corner where the centre cap well starts, that isn’t radiused or properly broken. That leaves a very shallow depth of lacquer… which then forms the weak spot as you say.
Exactly - weak spot.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

That is what I meant

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom