An Easy Ceramic Coat for the DIY'er ? CG Hyper Slick

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 vito 113 CDI OM651 W639 panel van
I never used a ceramic coat in my life on a car until about a month ago. I was really looking for something with a longer life than polish as I hate cleaning cars. I bought Nanotech Nano guard on a whim. I have coated the Mrs Santa Fe about a month ago and washed it once. Its too early to tell if its got a good life span but got the impression after applying Nano guard it looks and feels a decent product. Just coated the Vito in it today as well.

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Coupe C207 2010 \ SLK 250 R172 2011.
b46ad8a40d8be5ed70933fa66100a047.jpg

Ok so first quick wash since coating the SLK, with the “ Hydro Slick”
We have just returned from a road trip to the Jurassic coast and Weymouth.
Done roughly 600 miles, on all types of roads and tracks.
The weather mainly was absolutely awful, with torrential rain on the Saturday, and there’s some Massive seagulls there !
As you can see great results, after a quick 30 minute wash, car looks like it’s been polished !!.
Before I used this stuff after washing it, it really needed a quick detailer or that Williams stuff to finish it off.
Not any more a wash is sufficient.

Wighty please note , no professional photos this time , lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Wow , comes up beautifully in black ! (still look pretty professional to me )

Really does Wighty, I’m going to try and get another coat on , especially now Tony (Smart AMG) is chucking grit all over our roads again :eek:

OP
Wighty

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Really does Wighty, I’m going to try and get another coat on , especially now Tony (Smart AMG) is chucking grit all over our roads again :eek:
Maybe Tony can stop spraying grit when a Merc passes him , to avoid chipping it :D . It's a closing weather window now for good weather , winters coming buddy :D

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1st Merc 2010 E Class W212 2.1 CDI. 2nd Merc 2014 E Class W212 220 CDI
Guess wot I use :geek::rolleyes::shock::D:cool:

View attachment 53438

Turtle Wax Wash'n'Wax shampoo.

Went through the fancy stuff with the Z3 eons ago, where Zymol was the bestest thing since sliced bread. :geek::mad::D:cool:
Strange looking bead's...even what seems to be square, triangular, hexagonal shaped ones. But definitely doing the job.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Strange looking bead's...even what seems to be square, triangular, hexagonal shaped ones. But definitely doing the job.

Yes, seems to be ready for another polish to me ;):)

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
Yes, seems to be ready for another polish to me ;):)

Wot is this 'polish' you write of? :geek:;)

I have a red zip up case in the store room that belongs to a bloke called 'Glyn' that has bottles and sprays and cloths in, do you think it may contain this 'polish' you write of? :cool:

There is a similar shaped case that is black with a MB star on it that also contains bottles of lotions and potions.

Also a Zymol bottle that is silver that I used on my black Z3. The conundrum is my current W166 is not a standard MB silver or black colour, being brilliant blue.

Too many choices, think I'll just give it a wash n wax, as usual :cool::D

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I’m hoping a “Chemical Guys” rep is reading these posts, I’m happy to trial anything if it’s “Buck She” :D

I think you mean "gratis" :).

Noun. 1. bakshish - a relatively small amount of money given for services rendered (as by a waiter) backsheesh, baksheesh, bakshis, gratuity, pourboire, tip.

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I think you mean "gratis" :).

Noun. 1. bakshish - a relatively small amount of money given for services rendered (as by a waiter) backsheesh, baksheesh, bakshis, gratuity, pourboire, tip.

Buck Shee (Rhyming slang) for Free ?

Last edited:

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Over the last several years, once you refuse to be taken in by hype and the youtube plugged stuff, your collection will diminish and you will not find yourself rushing for a new this that and other product.

You will know what does a great job delivering the results you need and usually you may well have a couple items of each in the line up to help versatility mixing brands and price ranges. Just buy what works, not what the manufacturers tell you will work!

There have been 100s of new detailing products come onto the market in the last 5 or 6 years why would anyone want to stick with an old and outdated product?

YT has dozens of clips where independents compare different products. If you are looking for something new and want some information on it, YT is an excellent place to start.

Last edited:

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom