An Easy Ceramic Coat for the DIY'er ? CG Hyper Slick

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 vito 113 CDI OM651 W639 panel van
I agree with you there Rory, even though I am a bit of a turtle wax die hard. As I posted recently ive just started using ceramic coat and so far it well exceeds expectations. Hard to believe something as easy put on as polish can stick to a car so well. I used meguiars ultimate compound before hand as a new product to me and was surprised how easily it cut scum to the shine by hand. I did use turtle wax for years but for long term last nowadays, it does struggle. I like the look of the new Turtlewax range. better late than never:D

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Coupe C207 2010 \ SLK 250 R172 2011.
Totally agree Kev, I’ve been avoiding Ceramic coating because I thought it was a real pain to apply.
But not at all , it goes on as easy as any wax ive ever used and so far the results are far superior.

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1st Merc 2010 E Class W212 2.1 CDI. 2nd Merc 2014 E Class W212 220 CDI
What I am looking for in a polish is something that after washing and drying the car ( unless the polish can be applied using a damp cloth) is one which is easy to apply, dry's to a fine powder finish, and easily buff's off to leave a fine streak free, high shine finish. The operational word in all this is "EASY"... anything involving a high labour / energy input is automatically disqualified. Any suggestion's???:geek::geek::geek:

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
What I am looking for in a polish is something that after washing and drying the car ( unless the polish can be applied using a damp cloth) is one which is easy to apply, dry's to a fine powder finish, and easily buff's off to leave a fine streak free, high shine finish. The operational word in all this is "EASY"... anything involving a high labour / energy input is automatically disqualified. Any suggestion's???:geek::geek::geek:

Meguiars tech 2.0 wax, is quick and easy to apply and remove.
Also AG super resin polish.

OP
Wighty

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Try Dodo juice basics of bling detailing spray , it’s s a superficial product that puts a nice short term shine on a car . When you have washed and rinsed off and the car is wet , spray a couple of squirts on each panel and then use a micro fibre drying cloth . its about as easy as it gets .
In 5L form it’s £26 quid (?) delivered and will last years

vtaylor78

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
143b86f3d747cf2ba8f331fb7fe61ed2.jpg

I’ve used this and to be honest was useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kev555

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 vito 113 CDI OM651 W639 panel van
shopping

Great stuff easy to apply as any polish. This only been on two months on vehicle so I cant vouch if it will last the stated timeframe £28 on Amazon and same price also from manufacturers

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks all for the suggestion's, I'll let you all know how I get on !!..... Now to get psychologically prepared for a bit of work....:rolleyes:

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
I'm feeling guilty reading this thread. I put my car away for the winter in early October but last week hired a detailer I'd never met to paint the callipers (Red) £80.00 and to apply a ceramic coat (£200). I didn't ask what products they were using. Two brothers turned up and worked solidly for 6 hours. The car looks great and it's now back inside the garage. Feels like money well spent, but I know I'm lazy and disinterested compared to the other contributors.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.

Duragloss Aquawax.....can be applied as you dry the car & if you use a wax friendly shampoo, the layers will build - used it for 4 years on my SLK in Brisbane Australia and it was excellent.....I still have a bottle but now that I'm retired I seem to be trying something new every second wash.......now waiting of the UK launch of the new Turtle wax Hybrid Cermaic.

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Duragloss Aquawax.....can be applied as you dry the car & if you use a wax friendly shampoo, the layers will build - used it for 4 years on my SLK in Brisbane Australia and it was excellent.....I still have a bottle but now that I'm retired I seem to be trying something new every second wash.......now waiting of the UK launch of the new Turtle wax Hybrid Cermaic.

Thanks Rory, will give it a try...look's like it meets all the requirements !!!

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If you are close by, you can have what is left of my bottle to try it (2/3) --- I keep trying new things and have time to mollycoddle my car.
That's very good of you Rory, Thank's, but I see you are in North Yorkshire, and I'm in Tipperary Ireland. But thank's again for your offer !!!:)

nadynn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes/ML/2013
I was going to be deciding between Cquartz, Gtechniq, and the new DPC Shield personally. Haven't used any, but they all seem to get good reviews and I like Scott's videos sometimes which is why I'm considering Shield.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom