Annoying Squeak

skinnydawg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320
I have a 2000 CLK 320 and sometimes when its cold I get an annoying squeak almost like the noise a belt makes when it is on its way out. I have pinned it down to the exhaust on the passenger side after jacking it up on that side, just where it comes down from the engine. If I tap the pipe it makes the same squeak even when the engine is off.

The noise goes away after about 10 seconds once the exhaust has warmed up but I was just wandering if it is anything to be concerned about...:shock:

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
It's proberly the bolt has snapped which holds it to the bell housing bracket, it's a common thing, get the bolt replaced or remove the bracket............

OP
S

skinnydawg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320
Cheers for that, I will have a go at that this weekend if I can get some axle stands

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom