anti carjack self locking?

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
I never knew that you could turn off the automatic locking feature, my current (1998) and previous (1994) W210 have this function.

I like it, far better than my wife's micra where she has to press a button to lock the central locking (hmm, perhaps I should see if there's a way to enable a feature like this).

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
It is just so one doesn't forget to lock the doors so when stopping at the lights / junction etc you are not vunerable to someone opening a passenger or rear door and snatching valuables from the car.

Car jackers would merely point a gun at you or smash the side windows. A Cape Town flame thrower is probably the best anti-jacking deterent :shock:

As I always use keyless go I must test it out one day to see how far the car will go without me and the key:D

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
I believe that they did this once on Top Gear. I think that it was an episode where they were in america testing american muscle cars. Clarkson and Hammond were sat in a diner with the key for May's car in Clarksons pocket. The car was parked outside (about 20 feet). May almost made it out of the carpark before the car died, a distance of about 30 or 40 yards.
Whether this was rigged for TV I don't know.

OP
turbopete

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
well i think we can safely say this question has been comprehensively answered! its always been switched off on my car hence i didnt know i had the feature! question now is do i leave it off or switch it on? decisions decisions.......... lol

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom