Any advise on buying an SLK

Brian23

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
EClass
I am thinking of buying an old shape SLK for my wife. Are there any pointers that are specific to this car that I should be checking or looking for?
Brian

Lisa Jayne

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 SLK 230K & 2003 ML270 CDI Inspiration
Hi, I was advised to check that the roof goes up and down smoothly, I have heard that this can be a problem, although not experianced it myself yet (fingers & everything else crossed), as the micro switches can be a bit tempremental. But they are truely great fun cars, best car I have ever had.
I am sure others will be along with some other pointers soon.

Lisa Jayne

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Oiii cheeky nothing wrong with my daffodil yellow one :lol:

wiltsandy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 230K SLK
As Lisa says, check the roof works correctly and smoothly.

Also, check the engine wiring loom to ensure that there's no oil in it from the cam position sensor. The easiest way to do this is to remove the cover at the front of the engine and pull the plug off the cam sensor connector. It's also worth checking at the pre-cat O2 sensor connector as the oil migrates all the way down to there as it's the lowest part of the loom.

Lisa Jayne

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Always quick to defend my pride and joy ;)

P

PanzerMcGrory

lovely car and the roof is a piece of art but look out for rust especially around the rear boot release and check everything inside works like the seats and that includes manual seats as it was designed and built in mercs dark decade.

OP
B

Brian23

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
EClass
Thank you

Thank you for the advise, doesn't seem like there is anything much that isn't obvious. I have been looking at the Met blue or silver, but colour is such a personal thing. thanks again
Brian

Top Bottom