Any F1 fans

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Seems Ferrari strategy department have destroyed Vettel’s season.

Another good call by Mercedes again this week. Going to be hard now for Ferrari and I reckon it will be a Mercedes 1-2 and Vettel 3rd assuming Vercrashem gets overtaken.

But then again Vercrashem is a good starter and may cause chaos at turn 1.

Should be a good race tomorrow.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Thanks mate, so they have no discussions with the teams? I heard next year theyret going back to soft, mediums and hard

Next year they will still have the 8 different compounds but they will be named Soft, Medium and Hard on race weekends to make it easier for everyone to understand

For example

Hyper Soft, Super Soft and Medium at a race will become Soft, Medium and Hard

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Seems Ferrari strategy department have destroyed Vettel’s season.

Another good call by Mercedes again this week. Going to be hard now for Ferrari and I reckon it will be a Mercedes 1-2 and Vettel 3rd assuming Vercrashem gets overtaken.

But then again Vercrashem is a good starter and may cause chaos at turn 1.

Should be a good race tomorrow.
Indeed Vettel must be spitting feathers.
Verstappen is most definitely a wild card in this. He's not only a great starter but also a very talented overtaker and can make his Red Bull very wide when he needs to. He's also very good in the wet (as is Hamilton). I wouldn't give odds on Verstappen keeping Vettel at bay and taking a podium as long as he can get it to the finish.

You have to wonder why Ferrari switched to intermediate tyres so early. The safe option was to stay on Supersofts and if necessary go to Inters if the weather deteriorated. The track could only get slower - it would never get faster given the weather!

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
Indeed Vettel must be spitting feathers.
Verstappen is most definitely a wild card in this. He's not only a great starter but also a very talented overtaker and can make his Red Bull very wide when he needs to. He's also very good in the wet (as is Hamilton). I wouldn't give odds on Verstappen keeping Vettel at bay and taking a podium as long as he can get it to the finish.

You have to wonder why Ferrari switched to intermediate tyres so early. The safe option was to stay on Supersofts and if necessary go to Inters if the weather deteriorated. The track could only get slower - it would never get faster given the weather!
Probably a typical Italian administration error. Makes the race exciting having Verstappen in 3rd on the grid.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
McLaren becoming the laughing stock of the grid (along with Williams).
Same engine as Red Bull but 3 seconds a lap slower.
FA must be wishing the days away until he can walk away from that car.

Lando Norris must also be wondering if he should have waited until the car is sorted.
His career could be ruined before its even started.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
McLaren becoming the laughing stock of the grid (along with Williams).
Same engine as Red Bull but 3 seconds a lap slower.
FA must be wishing the days away until he can walk away from that car.

Lando Norris must also be wondering if he should have waited until the car is sorted.
His career could be ruined before its even started.

And poor old Ricciardo just can't seem to get a car that can complete a session...

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Vettel you muppet. Can’t cope under pressure. No requirement to attempt that overtake on Vercrashem. He had a 5sec time penalty!

ee5f7469bdce14ef5c057b23e2d51243.jpg

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
And shock horror. The FIA stewards found a loophole and didn’t penalise Vettel/Ferrari!

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vettel is falling apart under the pressure from both Ham and Ferrari

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
With resurgent Honda, next year should be Verstappen's.
Can't see Mercedes keeping the titles for 2019.
And Ferrari will again be in disarray as they sack Arrivebene and slot in yet another replacement.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
With resurgent Honda, next year should be Verstappen's.
Can't see Mercedes keeping the titles for 2019.

I don't see why Mercedes cannot win it again next year.
Every year since the hybrid engines came into use they have been the team to beat.
Even when Ferrari had a better car they still failed to beat Mercedes. Too many driver or team errors. Vettel can't seem to handle pressure.

Vercrashem has a lot to learn to be a consistant winner. He is fast, but unpredictable .I don't see him threatening Hamilton for another year or two.

As for Ferrari, I can see them and Vettel parting company if they don't start 2019 with a car consistantly winning.

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
As for Ferrari, I can see them and Vettel parting company if they don't start 2019 with a car consistantly winning.

I just flew a kite on the similar thread on t'other side, so I'll do the same here!!

SV's ferrari contract terminated at the end of the season, and Ferrari tempt Alonso back with a 12 month contract.

Who will offer SV a seat for 2019? Williams??

Don't think it will happen, but who knows??

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
I just flew a kite on the similar thread on t'other side, so I'll do the same here!!

SV's ferrari contract terminated at the end of the season, and Ferrari tempt Alonso back with a 12 month contract.

Who will offer SV a seat for 2019? Williams??

Don't think it will happen, but who knows??

Can't see that happening. SV is under contract for a lot of $$$$. Ferrari is his only viable chance of winning another title next season but I think relations are getting a little strained between them.
Seb is making far too many silly errors of judgement and Ferrari themselves are not helping with questionable tactics.
FA wouldn't offer Ferrari a better chance of a constructors title ahead of Seb IMHO.

I honestly think DR would have been brilliant in a Ferrari. I'm not so sure his move to Renault was a wise one.
I feel for Ocon. A special driver without a seat for 2019.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
SV just loses the plot when he should be head strong, it's happened so many times. That move on Verstappen was stupid, and he is defiant that he would do that again!

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Williams hurw George Russell on a multi year deal, 3 Brita on the grid next year

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom