Any F1 fans

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
Well that was certainly very eventful!
Yep, and despite our earlier reservations. It just proves that you cant predict/expect anything in F1. :D
I think it was said that 3 standing starts in the same race has only ever happened twice before.
Ferrari's darker livery looked good, although I assume it will just be a one off to celebrate their 1000th race.
I see the safety car was painted red too.

I never get tired of hearing "get in there Lewis" :D

Last edited:

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Twelve drivers have been issued warnings for their "inconsistent application of throttle and brake" at the restart.
I know what Bottas done done was within the rules, but it was highly unusual and certainly contributed to what happened. I dont remember ever seeing the lead driver leave it as late as that to restart the race.
Kevin Magnussen
Daniil Kvyat
Nicholas Latifi
Alexander Albon
Lance Stroll
Daniel Ricciardo
Sergio Perez
Lando Norris
Esteban Ocon
George Russell
Antonio Giovinazzi
Carlos Sainz

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Twelve drivers have been issued warnings for their "inconsistent application of throttle and brake" at the restart.
I know what Bottas done done was within the rules, but it was highly unusual and certainly contributed to what happened. I dont remember ever seeing the lead driver leave it as late as that to restart the race.
Kevin Magnussen
Daniil Kvyat
Nicholas Latifi
Alexander Albon
Lance Stroll
Daniel Ricciardo
Sergio Perez
Lando Norris
Esteban Ocon
George Russell
Antonio Giovinazzi
Carlos Sainz

They should have watched the F2 race, exactly the same thing happened at the re-start

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It helps to have all the facts, so I have now changed my earlier opinion on Bottas at the restart. :oops:
The FIA had been deliberately turning the safety car lights off later and later during the support races because they said it makes for a better show. Mercedes had voiced their concerns about this prior to the race but were told nothing would change.
While the safety car lights are on it controls the pace and the cars behind must keep within a set distance, but when the lights go out the lead car can then control the pace.
The safety car lights were not turned off until just before the last corner onto the start/finish straight, so this means that Bottas had no choice but to back the field up until the start/finish line due to the risk of being slipstreamed and passed had he went for it going into the straight.

neeklaus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55
Social media antics?
I take it you are not a fan of Hamilton then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
on the contrary! I am a big Hamilton fan.

it's just he has a tendency to sometimes make statements on social media that I personally don't always agree with. however, that he is outspoken makes him more of an interesting person and I respect that.

NBurns

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Your Mercedes
A180 CDI AVANTGARDE SE CVT,169.007, 2009
on the contrary! I am a big Hamilton fan.

it's just he has a tendency to sometimes make statements on social media that I personally don't always agree with. however, that he is outspoken makes him more of an interesting person and I respect that.

Is there a particular portal he is more active on?

shine

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL 500.W216 + C300 Coupe AMG Line 2018
Just have to say I support MB and Lewis 100% but why no comment from anyone with reference to Lewis on the podium sporting the contraversial black t-shirt? I presume the team supports his views otherwise would Toto not have a word in his shell-like? Just curious.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Toto has already commented on the “uniqueness” of LH and his views.
Toto basically said if it doesn’t interfere with his racing then so be it.
The Germans are big fans of ppl being able to speak thier minds.

that aside LH is truly a faultless driver

shine

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I agree Lewis is and will be the best driver in the history of F1 in my lifetime but when he was on the podium, although Toto was applauding Lewis, he had a totally dead pan face with hardly a smile for his winning driver. But what do I know?

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
If I was a sponsor I'd be upset that my logo was covered up by that shirt and I'd be having words.
Toto did look less than happy about it but I suppose the best driver in the world can afford to take liberties.
It's how to handle it after the event that I don't envy Toto for especially as it's a subject close to Lewis' heart.

neeklaus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55
Is there a particular portal he is more active on?

good old Instagram

I think they should just be done with it and put Verstappen in the other Merc. That would be a season to watch.

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
Problem is Lewis cannot be reprimanded or reigned in, he would happily retire a very wealthy man which may well happen soon...

Mercedes SL500 R231

shine

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I now see that F1 chiefs are rattled by Lewis's stand on BLM and is being investigated by the FIA with regards to the T-shirt he wore before and after Sunday's race.
His response should be interesting.

Last edited:

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
I now see that F1 chiefs are rattled by Lewis's stand on BLM and is being investigated by the FIA with regards to the T-shirt he wore before and after Sunday's race.
His response should be interesting.
He can afford to tell them to suck eggs! But being the racer he is I think he will want that world title again.
His response will indeed be worth waiting for!! As indeed so will their ruling!

I've just seen that the FIA won't be investigating but will be clarifying what drivers can and can't wear :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Another eventful race yesterday...they have certainly been entertaining this year. :cool:
At least the decision to put 2 points on Hamiltons super licence has been reversed, but it was a complete nonsense to award them in the first place!
Watching Bottas on the radio after he crossed the line, I couldnt help laughing when he said that would silence his critics or words to that effect. :D
The fact is he proved absolutely nothing and won the race by default only because Lewis was given two 5 second penalties.
Word is that the specific rules relating to this will be rewritten for next year, and if this happens it just goes to prove that they were not clear enough in the first place.
Just for the record I have nothing against Bottas but unfortunately for him he is up against Hamilton, so he might win the occasional battle but will never win the war.

Apparently Hamilton is about to sign a £120 Million 3 year deal with Mercedes.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Top Bottom