Any F1 fans

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
There was a tech reg a few years ago that stated the car had to accommodate an driver up to 6ft 2" as Adrian Newey is notorious for making the driver sit in a ridiculously small cockpit as it affects his design

In another life I lived for a couple of years 100yds from Roger Clark’s garage in Narborough Leicester and being in my early twenties used to pop down to the salesroom and look round the various performance marques he had to offer. What amused me more than anything was the fact that unless you were less than 5’ 9” tall trying to get into a Lotus was nigh on impossible so Colin Chapman was another who designed on the same height criteria. There have been tall F1 drivers the one that comes to mind is Gerhard Berger

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
I wasn't sure about the change to black last year but I actually prefer it now. :)
The new car looks great but I'm not sure about the drivers number as an outline rather than solid....might make it harder to spot.

Marty Y

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 230 komp convertible w208
I wasn't sure about the change to black last year but I actually prefer it now. :)
The new car looks great but I'm not sure about the drivers number as an outline rather than solid....might make it harder to spot.
I like it, I think the way it fades to silver at the back looks brilliant.

I always tell the difference between the two cars because of the colour of the T cams.

Team Mercedes, Black T-cam Lewis Hamilton, Yellow T-cam Valtteri Bottas.

Here's a video of the W12, Mercedes are keeping their cards close to their chest when it comes to updates and what they used their two development tokens for.

Marty Y

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Another video if anyone is interested, including some details about improvements to the new M12 engine.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The Aston Martin F1 debut car looks rather nice too.
It certainlly does...although looks mean nothing if it can't perform.
Time will tell...and not long to wait now. :)

Janchee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ex W213/2016/220D 190
How are others watching the F1 this year? Want to watch it in 4K, but the only way to do that is expensive Sky subscription! I did Now TV last year but the servers are s*** and during peak times, it would freeze / drop out

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
How are others watching the F1 this year?
I will be sticking with the way I have always watched it - terrestrial tv.
It definitely did bother me when Ch.4 had their limited number of live races reduced to only 1, but I got over that and found that I maybe even preferred seeing all the bits that mattered without the sometimes less interesting bits in between. Plus I really like the commentating team on Ch.4. Steve Jones and David Coulthard work very well together...plus Mark Webber adds to it as well. :)
I wouldn't pay to watch F1.

Marty Y

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I will be sticking with the way I have always watched it - terrestrial tv.
It definitely did bother me when Ch.4 had their limited number of live races reduced to only 1, but I got over that and found that I maybe even preferred seeing all the bits that mattered without the sometimes less interesting bits in between. Plus I really like the commentating team on Ch.4. Steve Jones and David Coulthard work very well together...plus Mark Webber adds to it as well. :)
I wouldn't pay to watch F1.

I like the team on channel 4, this year will be the first without Ben Edwards who imo was the best in the business, he will be missed and Alex Jacques who is replacing him has big shoes to fill.

Also I hope Billy Monger will return this year on channel 4, his knowledge and enthusiasm is excellent.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
How are others watching the F1 this year? Want to watch it in 4K, but the only way to do that is expensive Sky subscription! I did Now TV last year but the servers are s*** and during peak times, it would freeze / drop out
Just watch via Sky as it comes with the HD package still. Watched via other streams and have had issues with reliability.

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
I wont Bottas to come out wearing the old white race suit o_O

OfOrange

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Carl$$0n
I'm enjoying the Merc, it will look well sandwiched between the desert night sky and fresh tarmac.

I'll tune in for the season opener, hopefully upgrades spring a few surprises. It's difficult to like Hamilton and I'm ready for the next gen, I think the sport desperately needs it yet I have a feeling he will still be around into 2022 after bettering Schumacher's total.

I pay for Sky Sports as most midweek football league games are shown. In 4k also, although I think the screen size and viewing distance not being optimised makes resolutions a gimmick

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
HAAS are already in trouble for painting Russian Flags on the car which are currently banned due to the 2014 Winter Olympics doping!!!

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom