Any F1 fans

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
Yes, well done Lewis.
It's odd that Bottas has the same car but hasn't achieved the same success ;)

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
Well he wouldn't would he!!!!
Which is precisely my point. :p
Nobody could possibly win in a current Williams regardless of how good a driver they are...well not unless 3/4 of the field happened to drop out for some reason. :D
The question is completely dumb but people who ask it think they are being smart and proving something, but all they are really doing is highlighting 2 things - 1. They hate Lewis Hamilton, and 2. They actually know little about F1. :rolleyes:

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
The question is completely dumb but people who ask it think they are being smart and proving something, but all they are really doing is highlighting 2 things - 1. They hate Lewis Hamilton, and 2. They actually know little about F1. :rolleyes:

Personally I can't stand him, he is a strange one, preaches to people he never uses his fleet of fossil fuel cars and only gets MB elec cars at the GP's to aid climate change then is seen out driving one a week later. Makes a dog Vegan!!!! Seen him on the main stage at Silverstone after the races and he is an odd character.

All a bit too WOKE for my liking

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
I really enjoyed watching Lewis’s pole lap (thankfully C4 showed it) he absolutely thrives on pressure.
His throttle control through the bends is something to behold and quite unique - so impressed with his achievement of 100 poles which is very unlikely to be bettered - what a born racer

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Personally I can't stand him
Yeah...I had sort of got that impression. :D
But hey, we are all entitled to our own opinion.
In everyday life I have formed an opinion of somebody I didnt know but decided I didnt like them...then I got to know them and changed my mind. Of course the opposite can also be true and can be summed up by the phrase "Never meet your heroes".

Marty Y

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 230 komp convertible w208
Another masterclass from Lewis and Mercedes. I love that strategy of sacrificing track position and time to get new rubber and then hunt down the opposition, it makes the race so exciting! It takes a driver like Lewis to have the balls and skills to pull it off though, he's like a Swiss watch, so precise and like clockwork he can smash out fast lap after fast lap until there's no one left in front of him.

What a great race!

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
The Chinese say. 'I don't like that man. I must get to know him better.'
Maybe that applies to the Lewis haters.

So far this season, luck has gone Lewis' way, but he has also shown that he is a master at making the best of every situation. Add in the Mercedes strategy calls, and that is a large part of why they are now ahead of the Bulls.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Amazing performance yet again by Lewis!
When he came in for the second time and Max stayed out...you couldnt help but feel doubtful that he could make up the 22 second gap. I have to say though what was Bottas playing at, because he certainly never made it easy for Lewis to get past. :oops: When Steve Jones asked Toto about this Toto was diplomatic as usual, but I bet he will be having a word with Bottas in private about it.
Its a pity Lewis 100 poles didn't coincide with 100 race wins, but still got 2 more to go for that milestone.

Looking forward to the spectacle that is Monaco. A lot of people seem to dislike this track but I love it. :)

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Well done Lewis!

It’s apparent the Mercedes has more race pace especially as the fuel load lightens so Red Bull are still,playing catch-up despite the two errors the Mercedes team made.
Gripping stuff nothing like wheel to wheel racing for everyone concerned....

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
To be a winning F1 team you need, brilliant strategists and brilliant drivers capable of carrying out the strategy. Todays F1 race was proof of that!!!
Agreed, although they do get it wrong sometimes. I can't recall which year it was but it was in the closing stages of a race at Monaco and the team called Lewis in from the lead for fresh tyres....and he came out in third place. :eek: There must be incredible pressure on them to make some of the calls that they do.
In this race even Lewis said he was deciding whether to stay out and ignore the call, but he trusted the team to get it right.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Congratulations!

You have secured a seat for the Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team virtual factory tour with INEOS Grenadier.
The virtual tour will begin at 16:00 BST on 14th May.

That's my afternoon booked up :D

Marty Y

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Now there's 2 races in Austria, I hope the altitude and possible hot weather doesn't affect Mercedes's power unit performance.

Last year it seemed ok, I don't know if that was because it wasn't as hot as it was the year before when the PU struggled with overheating or because they said the W11 was designed to be able to run "hotter".

Last edited:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
The virtual tour was just less than 1hr 45 and really great. The level of tech and where 3D printers have evolved to is amazing - they can print at the track if they have to now :geek:

491213A4-20E6-4D59-AE18-C5D1AB9961FA.png
0F97F8C5-0A0F-40D7-B020-8B9A5D5C2ECA.png

Marty Y

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The virtual tour was just less than 1hr 45 and really great. The level of tech and where 3D printers have evolved to is amazing - they can print at the track if they have to now :geek:

View attachment 68102
View attachment 68103
I'm glad you enjoyed it mate, I'm very jealous! Can anyone book up or did you win it as a prize or something?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I'm glad you enjoyed it mate, I'm very jealous! Can anyone book up or did you win it as a prize or something?
I follow Ineos Grenadier - they sent a email competition and I applied and got one of the tickets.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Anyone interested in MotoGP, and to save starting a new thread for it, ITV4 are showing the Moto3, Moto2 and MotoGP races on Sunday morning (16th May) live from Le Mans. Possibly the only race on (free) terrestrial TV this season. I believe the programme starts at 9 40am.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom