Any F1 fans

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
I think Mercedes really need to rethink their strategy decisions. They have been poor imho.

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
It was Lewis's race to lose after a great start.....and they did!

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
Always easy to be wise after the event. RB was forced into changing their tactics when MV went off track and lost position.
I'm surprised more (or anything even) was not made of this.
Max forced Lewis into the pit lane exit at the start, and in so doing also put his own car into the pit lane exit.
The move was obviously deemed to be legal but I thought it was super aggressive!

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I'm surprised more (or anything even) was not made of this.
Max forced Lewis into the pit lane exit at the start, and in so doing also put his own car into the pit lane exit.
The move was obviously deemed to be legal but I thought it was super aggressive!

Similar to what Lewis did to Checo in Turkey.

The pit lane exit is part of the track and there is nothing stopping you from crossing the line (that way), he left him more than a cars width and that is all that is required

Marty Y

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 230 komp convertible w208
For anyone who is waiting to see highlights on channel 4 in the morning please look away now.

Great front row lockout from Mercedes on a track that has historically not been their strongest because of the altitude.

Bottas's pole lap, click on the video to view on YouTube.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Certainly didn't expect an all Mercedes front row because they just didn't seem to have the same grip as Red Bull on the soft tyre.
Listening to Max on the radio when he seen Perez and Tsunoda off track in front of him, " unbelievable, such a dumb idiot", I wonder who he was referring to specifically?
Then when interviewed afterwards Max said he backed out of it because he "thought there was going to be a yellow flag", and somebody will correct me if I am wrong here but he did not actually get a yellow flag.
Max would never slow down intentionally unless he had actually seen a yellow flag, so in this case it seems much more likely that he was simply and understandably distracted by what was happening in front of him.

It will be interesting during the latter stages of the race if Bottas is leading with Hamilton in second...will Bottas move over when told to do so by the team?

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
An eighth title is slipping away from Hamilton as every race goes by.
The Honda powered Red Bull seems so much better and Verstappen is driving with supreme confidence.

Bottas literally let Verstappen by by not blocking him and effectively was zero help to Hamilton at all. His fastest lap didn't earn him a point although it took one away from Verstappen.
If Verstappen finished ahead of Lewis in Brazil on Sunday, I think its all over bar an engine failure or mistake from Red Bull.
On balance, I think MV deserves it too.

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
Even Toto has said publicly that what happened at turn one should not have happened. VB needs shooting - LH had moved to his left making sure Checko could do nothing, all VB had to do was move left 1/2 a car width and MV would not have had the chance round the outside even though that was the racing line - which VB should have been on, except he moved 1/2 a car width right opening the door to MV. Not only has he done LH no favours towards the WDC, he's also put a bullet into MB's chance for the WCC - shameful, amateur or what!

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
VB hasn't played the team game for some time now. His efforts to keep RBR racing down the points are non existent if not actually assisting them.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Whatever the result of Bottas failure to prevent Verstappen passing him on the outside is really a moot point.
The way that Red Bull is performing, he would have overtaken Hamilton with ease as soon as DRS came into play anyway. You only have to look at the way Perez reeled in Hamilton to see which was the better car on the day.
I'm not fan of Verstappen, or the team, but I tip my hat to the way Red Bull have caught up with and overtaken Mercedes over the season.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
VB left so much space there Verstappen could have got a bus through there.
VB seems a bitter towards LH and not really helping the cause.
That said it was a big win for RB in terms of time and even in LH got to first at the first corner it would have been inevitable RB would have nicked it.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I thought things were starting to look up for Lewis with getting pole position in qualifying for the sprint race today...but then I learned he will have a 5 place grid penalty for the race due to another engine change!
To make matters even worse his car is subject to a stewards inquiry for the rear wing and DRS mechanism during qualifying.
Max has also been summoned to the stewards for touching Hamiltons rear wing in parc ferme conditions.
As much as I hate to say it, his magical 8th title seems to be slipping even further out of reach. :(

Last edited:

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The worst decision has been realised...for Hamilton fans anyway. :(
He has been disqualified from qualifying...so will either start from back of grid or pit lane for the sprint race.
I think that is pretty much it for the 2021 championship. :(
It is always hard to accept when things like this happen which are completely out of the drivers control.

Last edited:

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom