Any F1 fans

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
I see Marko has already started on Ferrari saying Leclec has as much luck as Hamilton
Collectively, Marko, Horner and Verstappen are the most dislikeable people in F1. Always having something to say about their closest opposition.
So now Mercedes aren't their closest rivals, Ferrari are getting the snide comments.
I tune in hoping for a DNF every time Red Bull race.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Let's not forget that Hamilton was gifted the championship in Brazil on the last lap when Massa lost out.
He wasn't gifted the title. He won it on the last lap overtaking Glock who gambled on staying out on a wet track with dry tyres.
He won by a point so how was he gifted the title?

If you want to talk gifted titles look no further than last season. An utter disgrace whether you are a Hamilton fan or not. He was robbed well and truly.

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
Not watched any this Yr. Race director was a w. Ruined my last yrs viewing. Whilst not a huge fan of Hamilton I belive he a gent about it. In my view rb didn't win it last Yr rc gifted it to them.
I'm with you, not watched a single second this year, not even any highlights and not planning to do so again anytime soon.
Heard that the new race directors have covid and they may need to recall Massi to oversee the next race. If I was Mercedes I'd withdraw both cars with him in charge again.

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
Let us hope that they can overtake the other teams with improvements as the year progresses, but yes seems promising so far.
Always difficult to tell in the early practices though as teams tend to run in low power modes whilst drivers get a feel for how their cars behave on the track.
I see that Red Bull / Verstappen again suffering issues both self inflicted and reliability. Maybe its karma for all the snide remarks that they've been throwing around.

BillyBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d All Terrain
The daughter of one of the guys at work is with the Mercedes team. Obviously she's under NDA so can't say much, but has said the other teams need to watch out mid season...

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
So while we wait for qualifying from Miami (which I will not see until tomorrow morning on Channel 4), I am just wondering what is peoples opinion here on the latest row concerning wearing of jewellery in an F1 car?
The rule in question has existed for many years but has never previously been enforced, but now it is and is coming from the new FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem.
Let's be clear on this, the enforcement of this rule is directed at one driver only and that is Lewis Hamilton.
Hamilton's jewellery is platinum and non magnetic therefore causes no issues with MRI scans
Hamilton has previously stated that he would not be removing his ear rings and nose stud, but latest news seems to be that he has agreed to remove his ear rings and will have a 2 race exemption for his nose stud.

My opinion on this is that at best it is rather petty, and at worst a deliberate attempt to single out and target Lewis Hamilton.

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
I know that its a rule, but I suspect that its enforcement has more to do with FIA trying to reassert their authority and Ben Sulayem's outlook being more conservative on tattoos and jewellery for men.
I can see that jewellery worn over the top of the nomex suits may cause issues if the driver is in a fire as it would heat up and maybe compromise the suit, but if worn underneath and as long as it doesn't pose a hinderance to the removal of helmets or clothing if the driver is incapacitated or pose a potential risk to the driver, such as being snagged and trapping the driver if they need to exit the car in a hurry I'm not sure what the issue is.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
So while we wait for qualifying from Miami (which I will not see until tomorrow morning on Channel 4), I am just wondering what is peoples opinion here on the latest row concerning wearing of jewellery in an F1 car?
The rule in question has existed for many years but has never previously been enforced, but now it is and is coming from the new FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem.
Let's be clear on this, the enforcement of this rule is directed at one driver only and that is Lewis Hamilton.
Hamilton's jewellery is platinum and non magnetic therefore causes no issues with MRI scans
Hamilton has previously stated that he would not be removing his ear rings and nose stud, but latest news seems to be that he has agreed to remove his ear rings and will have a 2 race exemption for his nose stud.

My opinion on this is that at best it is rather petty, and at worst a deliberate attempt to single out and target Lewis Hamilton.
Directed at LH?

Why would they single him out?

From what I have read, it is more to do with burns than MRI scans.

LH turning up at a press conference covered in bling is petulant and childish.

Spitting his dummy again because things are not going his way & more fanboy conspiracy theories?

Last edited:

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Directed at LH?

Why would they single him out?

From what I have read, it is more to do with burns than MRI scans.

LH turning up at a press conference covered in bling is petulant and childish.
Because unless you know differently, this jewellery rule only affects Lewis Hamilton.
This is why I have suggested it is directed at Lewis Hamilton.

Both reasons have been cited and as I have said LH jewellery is made of platinum.
The issue is his earrings and nose stud, so if the temperature was high enough to cause a problem with them I would think that he would already be in far more serious trouble.

This was Lewis Hamilton deliberately making a point of protest, just like Vettel also making a similar point this weekend by wearing his boxer shorts on the outside.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Because unless you know differently, this jewellery rule only affects Lewis Hamilton.
This is why I have suggested it is directed at Lewis Hamilton.

Both reasons have been cited and as I have said LH jewellery is made of platinum.
The issue is his earrings and nose stud, so if the temperature was high enough to cause a problem with them I would think that he would already be in far more serious trouble.

This was Lewis Hamilton deliberately making a point of protest, just like Vettel also making a similar point this weekend by wearing his boxer shorts on the outside.
No, it affects all drivers.

Are they saying “Only you Lewis”? If not, then it applies to all drivers.

Amazing that when the rules don’t suit me then “I’m being picked on” in-spite of the fact that the rules apply to all.

LH is petulant, SV is a joker.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
No, it affects all drivers.

Are they saying “Only you Lewis”? If not, then it applies to all drivers.
You have missed my point.
The only driver that wears facial jewellery is Lewis Hamilton, therefore the rule only directly affects Lewis Hamilton.

The way you word your comments suggests that you have an unusually biased attitude against Lewis Hamilton.

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
The only driver that wears facial jewellery is Lewis Hamilton, therefore the rule only directly affects Lewis Hamilton.

The way you word your comments suggests that you have an unusually biased attitude against Lewis Hamilton.

You are seeing things the wrong way around.

If he is the only driver that has been wearing facial jewellery, he has knowingly been breaking the rules for years and when he is pulled up for it, he is not in the wrong but others are?

Why would anyone imagine that he is being picked on or singled out?

Oh I dislike him. He is a great driver but his fanboys have given him a swollen head.

Last edited:

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
Other drivers do wear jewellery, its just not visible. Gasly has said that he wears some religious items when he races and wouldn't feel comfortable racing without them.
Ultimately it's the drivers that take the risk and so I think that there should be a compromise that suits everyone.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)

The rule is there on medical grounds, it covers all Formulas, not just F1, people only talk about HAM. The women in the W Series take all their jewelry out (for example) without complaint so why does HAM have to make such a big deal about it????

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom