Any F1 fans

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
Lewis put himself in harm's way and paid the price.
Presumably by being on the race track. :D
Aother way of looking at it is Magnussen was being far too ambitious and drove into him.
This is how the whole of the Ch.4 commentary team seen it.

Overall a really good race I thought.

oigle

Reaction score
Website
members.optusnet.com.au
Your Mercedes
2003 ML270 sold but not forgotten. 2022 Kia EV6 RWD LR
Presumably by being on the race track. :D
Aother way of looking at it is Magnussen was being far too ambitious and drove into him.
This is how the whole of the Ch.4 commentary team seen it.

Overall a really good race I thought.
Yep. Excellent race really. Max did really well considering his lack of DRS. Russel excelled. Sainz not so good. Lewis recovered well. Ferrari missed a golden opportunity. Think Benz might be a force to be reckoned with very soon.

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
Thought it was a good race.

Still a long season to go, all to play for.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Decent race, SAI seems to be not getting to grips with the car, he and VES both fell foul of wind in the wrong direction.

LEC watched mechanical gremlins take a certain win.

PER needs to up his game, he has started a new contract negotiation to keep him at RB

HAM had a great race despite wanting to retire the car on lap 2

RUS is showing how good he really is

NOR has been ill all weekend and getting P8, he wet to see the doc straight after and has Tonsilitis, he was hiding on the parade lap under his brolly at the front of the truck.

Onwards to the procession of Monaco

5 weeks till Silverstone @keefysher :)

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
You have missed my point.
The only driver that wears facial jewellery is Lewis Hamilton, therefore the rule only directly affects Lewis Hamilton.

The way you word your comments suggests that you have an unusually biased attitude against Lewis Hamilton.
If the rule has existed for some time? It's a rule end of. The fact that previous manager, boss chose not to enforce it is not an issue if new manager chooses to follow, enforce the rules. I think hammilton has had the bog brush rammed up him recently. But this is not the case here, so long as new manager enforce All existing rules impartially until or if such rules are changed.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Lewis unlucky?? What about poor Leclerc? No fault of his own. Lewis put himself in harm's way and paid the price.
Lewis was on the racing line (,or pretty close to it). The only way Lewis put himself in harm's way was being on the track.
Not unusual where Magnusson is involved though.

Yes Leclerc was unlucky. Mechanical failures are a fact of life though, especially at the stresses and tolerances F1 engines work at.
They're much better than they were in the turbo era though!

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Pretty good for Russel so far

d3b77272a456be37e122dd4c2c2fcc5b.jpg

Last edited:

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Lewis was on the racing line (,or pretty close to it). The only way Lewis put himself in harm's way was being on the track.

As Martin Brundle said "he just understeered slightly"

oigle

Reaction score
Website
members.optusnet.com.au
Your Mercedes
2003 ML270 sold but not forgotten. 2022 Kia EV6 RWD LR

Yes Leclerc was unlucky. Mechanical failures are a fact of life though, especially at the stresses and tolerances F1 engines work at.
They're much better than they were in the turbo era though!
Was a tricky one. Being so close and on the outside of the corner, any understeer by Mag was going to cause a problem. I thought gap tolerances were a bit thin and resulted in just a touch but unfortunately for Ham, it was in the wrong place. That's racing at close quarters for you. I think the "racing incident" call was correct.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It was LEC Turbo and MGU-H that went wrong, both are now in the bin

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Haven't thought that far ahead, only 1 box of wine so far. Must remove all glassware from the caravan :geek::shock:

Yup, they don't like Glass and do take it away

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
It was a good race.
Watched it live from the stands and can attest to how hot it really was.
I don't blame Hamilton for wanting to give up at the beginning, it was bad enough queueing at a concession stand let alone driving in the race with heat from the track, engine and cooling systems soaking into the cockpit.
I think that psychologically forcing him to continue was the best step that the team could have taken. He seemed more fired up after the race than he has been for a while.
It was a shame that race day was hotter than expected. MB didn't allow for enough cooling, hence having to cool the car by coasting and driving on part throttle at the end. Without that I reckon Russel would have come second and Hamilton fourth.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
It was a good race.
Watched it live from the stands and can attest to how hot it really was.
I don't blame Hamilton for wanting to give up at the beginning, it was bad enough queueing at a concession stand let alone driving in the race with heat from the track, engine and cooling systems soaking into the cockpit.
I think that psychologically forcing him to continue was the best step that the team could have taken. He seemed more fired up after the race than he has been for a while.
It was a shame that race day was hotter than expected. MB didn't allow for enough cooling, hence having to cool the car by coasting and driving on part throttle at the end. Without that I reckon Russel would have come second and Hamilton fourth.
Apparently Hamilton's car had a slight coolant leak at the end which is why he had to coast a bit at the end.

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
Yes I suspect that it blew a gasket from getting too hot.
George Russell was questioning alarm indicators telling him to cool the ca quite early on in the race, to which the response was "the alarms are real".

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom