Any F1 fans

NBurns

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Your Mercedes
A180 CDI AVANTGARDE SE CVT,169.007, 2009
There has to be another way to watch F1 Live. I thought the new F1 Tv would solve the dilemma, however it isn't available in the U.K. Meaning that the 'Live' element isn't available, while all the other elements of F1 Tv are.

The only other 'Frustrating!!' Way is to pay Murdoch's empire a 'small' amount and get the sports passes via NowTv.
OR if anyone has any other solutions, please please do share them.
I worked in F1 in 2006 as a communications engineer when David Coulthard was with Red Bull and Schumacher was still racing. That was a hard couple of months work, full on, doing about 80-90 hours a week. But boy was it worth it!! Loved every minute of it and was lucky enough to get an autographed magazine from Mr Coulthard and a few other nice gifts. Why did I stop? I didn't. My company decided that as I had solved a major engineering problem and therefore was no longer required to travel that I should return to work on other projects. Given the chance I would go back to F1, but it would have to be Mercedes Benz only!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
There has to be another way to watch F1 Live. I thought the new F1 Tv would solve the dilemma, however it isn't available in the U.K. Meaning that the 'Live' element isn't available, while all the other elements of F1 Tv are.

The only other 'Frustrating!!' Way is to pay Murdoch's empire a 'small' amount and get the sports passes via NowTv.
OR if anyone has any other solutions, please please do share them.
I worked in F1 in 2006 as a communications engineer when David Coulthard was with Red Bull and Schumacher was still racing. That was a hard couple of months work, full on, doing about 80-90 hours a week. But boy was it worth it!! Loved every minute of it and was lucky enough to get an autographed magazine from Mr Coulthard and a few other nice gifts. Why did I stop? I didn't. My company decided that as I had solved a major engineering problem and therefore was no longer required to travel that I should return to work on other projects. Given the chance I would go back to F1, but it would have to be Mercedes Benz only!!!!

pm me...

Mercedes SL500 R231

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
I never understood folk who earn 7 figure salaries who continue to work , id have a couple of years at it then go live quietly somewhere near a golf course but LH has always come across as a spoiled brat as far as im concerned

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Looking externally it can be very easy to see the success and wealth instead of issues. He's got to be able to perform at that top level every time he takes to the track or he's criticised by public and press. The pressure will be enormous and whilst wealth makes it much easier to get good healthcare it doesn't remove worry, self doubt or any other mental issues.

MalcQV

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CLA200
Looking externally it can be very easy to see the success and wealth instead of issues. He's got to be able to perform at that top level every time he takes to the track or he's criticised by public and press. The pressure will be enormous and whilst wealth makes it much easier to get good healthcare it doesn't remove worry, self doubt or any other mental issues.
No real sympathy. Lost a loved one or close friend or a serious illness then I understand but he hasn't. Drama is all it is.

NBurns

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Your Mercedes
No real sympathy. Lost a loved one or close friend or a serious illness then I understand but he hasn't. Drama is all it is.

His brother is severely disabled and he does heavily give to the charity looking at helping others like his brother to get better and have better lives.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I can't see why people are down on him.

Mental health is important. He's acknowledging the stresses and difficulties he has. Anyone dismissing that hasn't seen the effects mental health issues can have on individuals. Pots of money and all the fame doesn't necessarily diminish the impact and may even cause many of the mental health challenges he faces.

I have seen friends struggle with mental health issues. It's difficult to watch and very difficult to help with.

Good for Lewis to speak out.

Last edited:

NBurns

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Your Mercedes

Mental health is important. He's acknowledging the stresses and difficulties he has. Anyone dismissing 0that hasn't seen the effects mental health issues can have on individuals. Pots of money and all the game doesn't necessarily diminish the impact and may even cause many if the mental health challenges he faces.

I have seen friends struggle with mental health issues. It's difficult to see and very difficult to help with.

Totally agree with you there LostKiwi. And yes, as a veteran of the Royal Navy Submarine Service , I am currently on double medication for my mental health issues. I fully back Lewis and as I love Mercedes-Benz cars, I get double the pleasure.

Yes, totally agree with you.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4

Mental health is important. He's acknowledging the stresses and difficulties he has. Anyone dismissing that hasn't seen the effects mental health issues can have on individuals. Pots of money and all the fame doesn't necessarily diminish the impact and may even cause many of the mental health challenges he faces.

I have seen friends struggle with mental health issues. It's difficult to watch and very difficult to help with.

Agreed....

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I do have the impression that he has no life off the track, loads of smiles and goes through the charm initiative but somehow seems a little sad behind the facade ... might be wrong
Agreed. He has a massive public persona to maintain, huge expectations to fulfill, pressure to perform each and every outing (and during interminable testing between races) and no private life to speak of.
Not a lifestyle I could do for long without feeling the stress.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Agreed. He has a massive public persona to maintain, huge expectations to fulfill, pressure to perform each and every outing (and during interminable testing between races) and no private life to speak of.
Not a lifestyle I could do for long without feeling the stress.
Spot on A...when he had a public /private life with NS that didn’t exactly go well, did it? I’m not his greatest fan in all honesty but nothing against him and would dearly love to see 7,8 or 9 WC from him but not at any cost to him personally , people forget history these days as records get broken , no younger generation are bothered as news is only a second old via technology and trivia more important than real achievement...rant over

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
Spot on A...when he had a public /private life with NS that didn’t exactly go well, did it? I’m not his greatest fan in all honesty but nothing against him and would dearly love to see 7,8 or 9 WC from him but not at any cost to him personally , people forget history these days as records get broken , no younger generation are bothered as news is only a second old via technology and trivia more important than real achievement...rant over

Never did find those videos with NS. :geek::rolleyes::D:cool: 15 minutes of fame and all that.

LH is still young, plenty of time to settle after his racing career ends. In the meantime make the most of it. We don't actually know what his private life is. We know the meedja front put out.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Never did find those videos with NS. :geek::rolleyes::D:cool: 15 minutes of fame and all that.

LH is still young, plenty of time to settle after his racing career ends. In the meantime make the most of it. We don't actually know what his private life is. We know the meedja front put out.
Oh I did :)

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
It’s gone now sadly ...didn’t last long but then....

Perhaps thats why NS is no longer with him... :geek:

It'll be there somewhere. A tech yoof like Conor will find it given a steer.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom