Any hadvice would be most appreciated.

Larpy

Reaction score
Hi
I own a 2000 C200 Komp. There has been a long history of issues with the MAF, i have changed it and then been told by my local independant that there has been oil going into the MAF via the wiring loom, a common problem that i have had fixed after seeking some sound advice off this forum. Since all these repairs ect, the engine management light keeps comming on after about two to three weeks, i keep going back to the independant who says the MAF is contaminated with oil, he cleans the MAF, the wiring loom and resets every thing, all is then well, for a bit. On the last visit, upon hooking up the diagnostic machine the following two faults appear:

1. Code P200B-400 B2/5 (hot film mass air flow sensor) plausibility error mass air flow sensor / throtle valve (P0101)

2. Code P2036-001 Secondary air injection malfunction (function chain) air flow is too low (P0410)

Any one any ideas in plain English????

Sorry to be so long winded, but the independant seems a little out of his depth so to speak as he can not give me a solution. He has not charged me for the repeated visits but this can only go on for so long.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The problem is that there is oil in the loom, and this keps coming out and fouling the MAF, did you change the camshaft seal

OP
L

Larpy

Reaction score
Hi Malcolm

Yes the seal has been renewed about 6/7 weeks ago, the garage has said that it could take some time for all of the oil that is on the loom to be cleaned off as it works its way up tp the MAF.

Cheers Ricky

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Hi Malcolm

Yes the seal has been renewed about 6/7 weeks ago, the garage has said that it could take some time for all of the oil that is on the loom to be cleaned off as it works its way up tp the MAF.

Cheers Ricky

I think you may have answered your own question there?

If you have corrected all the faulty seals etc, the only was to speed things up would be to replace the loom. Is that practical?

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom