Any Ideas?

Jdokal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes
Hi everyone,

After looking through my vehicle history, it would seem the V5 states a different engine number to the one MB have and from the datacard.

Any ideas why?

There are other additional items that do not add up....i.e like the V5 not stating it is a ML 270 CDI. Just written down as Mercedes Estate.

I hope anyone can shed some light before I give the DVLA a call, or is it worth it?

dokalj

OP
J

Jdokal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes
Cheers Television,

The original number is what MB have on my invoices, although not on the V5....

Does this sound worrying? Could the DVLA have got it that wrong?

Thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
They do get things wrong and sometimes dealers make a mistake when doing the change of ownership papers.

I would leave it,,no one will pick up on it

DSB SL AMG

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
300SL (R129 1992 Pre-Facelift), Volvo V70 D5 SE Auto
My V5 has a digit (0) missing from the chassis number...i contacted DVLA they informed me the data is manually inputed when first registered hence V5 errors etc...they insisted i fill out V5 change of vehicle details section and send it in...not done it yet tho...

The only problem i find is that companies cant search via my plate as it doesnt match my chassis etc

OP
J

Jdokal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes
DSB SL AMG, I have the same problem when entering my reg.

Does the DVLA get the owners ever wrong? Or the date with a reg transfer?

moosehead

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C230/2005/2.5L Avantgarde SE Sport Pack Estate, SLK230/1999 and Volvo XC60/2017 AWD
My previous car was a Ford Cougar V6 which was my last company car. I bought it off the Company at just over 3 years old and ran it for another 3 until it had clocked up 198K faultless miles (wish I could say the same about my Merc!). When the V5 came through I was a bit taken aback - it said the colour was silver (it was actually blue) and it was listed as a manual (it was an automatic). I seem to remember a call to the DVLA managed to reslove this and a new V5 was issued with the correct details.

BTW - whenever my C230 goes into MB, it's always listed on the invoice as a 230K. Not sure why as it's a nomally aspirated V6.

OP
J

Jdokal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes
Yeah with my ML, I have recently received some older invoices where the reg is the current one on the vehicle. Although, after doing my checks before I bought the car the plate was changed in 2005 to the current. i.e. it was registered with a different plate and th invoices dont match the reg....any ideas?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Could it be that those invoices are not for that car

OP
J

Jdokal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes
Hi Television,

Do you mean the invoices that MB supplied? The chassis numbers match though? Could a major error have occurred at DVLA and the reg I have been given not be the ML? I.e. My ML was and has been the same since new?

panason1c

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML270CDI, VW Polo 1.9tdi, BMW K1200RS
There are other additional items that do not add up....i.e like the V5 not stating it is a ML 270 CDI. Just written down as Mercedes Estate.
dokalj

Hi,

On my V5 i have....... 'Model/Type' .. 'ML 270 CDI AUTO'

...... 'Body Type' ... 'ESTATE'

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Television,

Do you mean the invoices that MB supplied? The chassis numbers match though? Could a major error have occurred at DVLA and the reg I have been given not be the ML? I.e. My ML was and has been the same since new?

The information comes from the dealer when it was first registered, he is the one that gives all of the numbers and a description of what the car is, he could have miss read something

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
The information comes from the dealer when it was first registered, he is the one that gives all of the numbers and a description of what the car is, he could have miss read something

possibly a private plate fitted when new?

OP
J

Jdokal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes
Yep well, my history check informed me of a new plate fitted from new. Although MB had the car in after 4months from new. MB said it was on the current plate. Although the current plate was not applied until 2005 according to the DVLA.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom