Any motorcyclists on here as well?

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
Brabus bike anyone?....Only 154 made & sold out in less than 2 minutes.
A tad under £35k in the UK.

same engine mine's got - utterly bonkers...

trouble is the rest is so inadequate its not remotely safe - I can go far faster on my almost half powered (old) R1200GS about 4 times as safely.
its quite common dealers push the wrong software at the KTM bikes... they do the same engine from 165bhp gutless (but pretends to have more midrange flex) to 177bhp tuned to death iterations - before they did an electronics recall on mine (and ruined the entire bike) it would hold a perfect 10" power wheelie from zero to 110 mph in an incredibly sophisticated electronically controlled bit of magic - you didn't need any skill or to think about it at all - you just hold against the stop point in the genreal direction you wanted and it went arrow straight and focused on smashing the gear lever up the box - it was pretty safe - as you could entirely focus your eyes looking what was coming at you - now its this drunken, tank, slapping, wobbly catastrophe (sideways and up and down) - where it can't work what to do - varying haphazardly from nothing - to flip it and anything else you can imagine randomly in between often needing two lanes of the road if you try

for me the basic error is the throttle modulation its completely back to front - that was "OK" when the electronics functioned and managed the error - but that recall took the genie out of the bottle - turned it in to a drug addict and ran it over with a road roller. You get 80% power output (about 140bhp) for about 15% throttle movement then the last 20% is somewhere vaguely in the next 85% of throttle travel - why ?

Last edited:
Reactions: DSK

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
I have a 2017 Triumph Explorer 1200
Loads of grunt and great handling.
S
... is that the arrow exhaust facelift one - took one out when getting the KTM looked at

three standouts
1) it felt much like my GS (quite uncanny)
2) the brakes whilst having the same calipers as my KTM (which has the worst brakes of any bike I've ridden in last 20 years) where incredible. I grabbed a major fist full at 50 mph fully believing they'd be as bad a my KTM - it nearly stopped dead and I winded myself
3) only issue I had, it was such a hot day and this felt like someone designed the body work to keep you hot in winter - so in those conditions I got properly cooked

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Really nice ride down with Theo through the Peak District via Damflask Reservoir, Chatsworth to Carsington Water for lunch at the very nice visitor centre.

Happy place now :)

AD5203F1-8594-4451-BB66-C9CB69B8535D.jpeg

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
don't get ACF 50 on brake discs they never work again - well thats true of the aerosol stuff, not sure is the bottle the same just brush on ? or something you add to a jetwash ?
ACF-50.jpg

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Only one bike now 748r. Gone s1 triple gone. Gsx1400 going in spring. Custom cruiser or nowt next.

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
Only one bike now 748r. Gone s1 triple gone. Gsx1400 going in spring. Custom cruiser or nowt next.
If I ever get another bike it'll be a 125 Bantam in green like my dad used to have.
Every weekend he and I would clean it and "adjust" stuff.
He ALWAYS had a bit left over at the end but the bike kept working :oops: so he had an old biscuit tin in the shed with the "spares" that got fuller and fuller.
"Tell that to the kids today..."

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Bantam was my first bike too.

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
Bantam was my first bike too.
All the Post Office Telegram boys rode them. They were very cool to me! Leave the bike laying on its side and in gear while they delivered then got astride it, kick started and away it would go!
I wouldn't have tried that with my Goldie! :eek:

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
All the Post Office Telegram boys rode them. They were very cool to me! Leave the bike laying on its side and in gear while they delivered then got astride it, kick started and away it would go!
I wouldn't have tried that with my Goldie! :eek:
I too had a 500 Goldie back in the late 60’s and what a pig of a bike it was. Bits fell off as you rode it and the thing just would not start when it was hot. But you were still the dogs dangly bits if you had one, you were the envy of other bikers at the time :)

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
don't get ACF 50 on brake discs they never work again - well thats true of the aerosol stuff, not sure is the bottle the same just brush on ? or something you add to a jetwash ?
I use that bottle to brush on and have a hand pump I can fill from the bottle as well.

Tony M&M

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Dream car: Mercedes-Benz C111 (1969)
Not on a Bike but in my mid 20's when I was a sales bod in a high end Sports Car Dealership. Myself and Danny, father of F1 and Indycar driver Mark Blundell and owner of the dealership went down to Winchmore Hill in North London to pick up a Ferrari Dino and a Maserati Ghibli. On the way back up the A1 I was clocking 145mph in the Dino and Danny in the Ghibli was getting away from me. You couldn't do that to-day there wasn't the traffic around then :rolleyes:

About the same time as that a mate of mine had an Aston Martin DBS V8. We clocked 152mph on Topplers Hill on the A1 near Biggleswade in Bedfordshire and that is the fastest I have travelled in or on anything :rolleyes::)
Hi A.J.

I'm researching Danny Blundell for an upcoming documentary. In particular, we're covering the Megatron flying saucer restaurant he opened at Alconbury in 1990 (I know, it's an unusual subject, lol).

We'd love to find out all we can about Danny. He remains quite an enigmatic figure. Looks like you have fond memories of working with him, and even some memories of a young Mark. It would be great if you and I could talk privately. Let me know what you think.

Don't think I can send private messages on here, but can provide email address.

Cheers.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi A.J.

I'm researching Danny Blundell for an upcoming documentary. In particular, we're covering the Megatron flying saucer restaurant he opened at Alconbury in 1990 (I know, it's an unusual subject, lol).

We'd love to find out all we can about Danny. He remains quite an enigmatic figure. Looks like you have fond memories of working with him, and even some memories of a young Mark. It would be great if you and I could talk privately. Let me know what you think.

Don't think I can send private messages on here, but can provide email address.

Cheers.
Hi Tony, it was over 50 years ago I worked for Danny and my memories of that time are pretty patchy to say the least. With respect I would rather not be involved. :)

Tony M&M

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Dream car: Mercedes-Benz C111 (1969)
Hi Tony, it was over 50 years ago I worked for Danny and my memories of that time are pretty patchy to say the least. With respect I would rather not be involved. :)
Alright. Thanks for responding.

vmaxash

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E220 2017 Estate Black
My first bikes were at the age of 14 years old I had 5 Raleigh whisps for fields playing on then at 16 years old NSU quickly
Then big drum roll on my 17th birthday I got a CZ 175
If I ever get another bike it'll be a 125 Bantam in green like my dad used to have.
Every weekend he and I would clean it and "adjust" stuff.
He ALWAYS had a bit left over at the end but the bike kept working :oops: so he had an old biscuit tin in the shed with the "spares" that got fuller and fuller.
"Tell that to the kids today..."
St

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
we need more biker posts....

I need a new font tyre - I'm not a fan of squidgy front sidewalls... but we seem to have a new generation of "biker" that like a horrible steering feel and like moto gp these days appear to be happy to have no clue how to ride and let the electronics manage their near death experience every ride.

Dunlop still make stiff side wall front tyres, whilst most went another direction. With that in mind I want the Road Smart 4 they brought out 2 years ago in the USA but its not managed to reach here yet. And now to make my day, the bike mags are reviewing and liking them but I can't get hold of one... (and it nearly bald)

of course all the nay sayers will jump in to say I'm talking out of the hole they use for other purposes - but I have a trump card.
Rossi won on Dunlop but lets pretend that's on a track... but I still win... as the TT races which is a road circuit has the most wins by a country mile on .... drum role DUNLOP tyres. So its odd everyone else is moving to an understeering vague wandering mess instead?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
47C1DEA8-8194-455F-A94C-B1D15B2DC4CA.jpeg 9D77C995-DB62-4F71-9C06-8563001E3758.jpeg
5CC85FDE-F4B9-48F3-A870-2A46FDE06969.jpeg
Those who say there’s less insects about weren’t on my 270 mile ride today… although there are now less insects about since my ride…:rolleyes:

All cleaned off and ready for the next blast :cool:

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
whats was the last thing to go through the fly's mind as it hit the headlamp ?

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500

39 years back mate had a MTX200, I popped the barrel off and did a bit of a porting job on it, lapped the head to the barrel to get the compression back and it was utterly fantastic.... he could out drag my 350LC up to 85mph, but with drum brakes I always got him back under braking .... there are bends today that I would do all day long on my 350LC 30mph faster than you can on anything moderm.... either the roads got narrower and bumpier or I was raving bonkers

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom