Any motorcyclists on here as well?

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Nice, I had a 996 SPS in Yellow - most people thought it was a 748 at first glance - but Yellow ones are faster ;)
It was an impulse ebay purchase after a few scoops...:eek: I traded it for a R1100SS BMW as I'd planned a tour through Europe and didn't fancy riding it on the 996

I thought about 996 as well. Frankly the over riding factor was lack of any comfort! I did chippenham, lake Guarda non stop cept ferry, coffee, fuel and I could not walk right for three days.
Did same on gsx1400 much. Much better but if it drops yr not pickin it up. Needed reverse gear or careful planning when parking.
Both bikes will be in UK in spring.to sell on. Might,? Try a custom cruiser next?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I thought about 996 as well. Frankly the over riding factor was lack of any comfort! I did chippenham, lake Guarda non stop cept ferry, coffee, fuel and I could not walk right for three days.
Did same on gsx1400 much. Much better but if it drops yr not pickin it up. Needed reverse gear or careful planning when parking.
Both bikes will be in UK in spring.to sell on. Might,? Try a custom cruiser next?
I found the 996 only "comfortable" >90 when the weight came off the wrists... not much of an excuse when pulled over but as good as it gets...:rolleyes:

I'd make sure you try any "cruiser" for a decent ride before committing, all your weight is on your coccyx and they can be bleeding uncomfortable after a short time. (probably why most "Hardley-Moving-Son's" are parked up most of the time...);)

I quite like some of the Triumph bikes but haven't the space for anymore at the moment, so I'll stick with a BM and the Honda

Reactions: DSK

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
Get u.. Was thinkin on sommat like vn 1700 but will remember yr point. Comfort is now the priority. As is min electronics

Abb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes
I too am one for the 2 wheeled fun! Didn't get to ride too much this year, here she is just being cleaned and ready for hibernation....

IMG_5070.jpeg

OP
D

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
I too am one for the 2 wheeled fun! Didn't get to ride too much this year, here she is just being cleaned and ready for hibernation....

View attachment 64289

Lovely and clean! Looks like it will be ready to hit the road without much to do.

What stand is that?

Lovely C43 too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Abb

Flyinspanner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK320-A209 (sold CL500 & W168)
63F9419D-B41A-47CD-A4D1-4C5A10E08F2A.jpeg F8D9C7B0-4BCB-465E-BA63-DA484B50196C.jpeg 55B26789-3F2B-45A8-BE2F-258101B15491.jpeg

It’s a slow rebuild, not touched it this year due to other projects that got in the way :rolleyes: I’ve got a new loom, the one on it was about 30% house wire, some bell wire, and a plethora of gash crimps, taped up twisted wires.
Ultrasonically cleaned the carb. New main switch, and I’ve refurbed the handlebar switches (full of green corrosion).

ive always liked off road bikes and a little 125 is fine for tootalling around on...... unless I find an XT500...

think the next bit of the plan will be to strip it fully to get the frame powder coated, then build it up with clean sub assemblies.

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
I had a Suzuki 550GT 1972 model it was 6 years old when I bought it (well swapped it for my 1967 MK4 Zephyr) it was my first bike and I had never ridden a ride before , all my mates rode it around, so one day I plucked up the courage jump on it a away I went. Holly molly, it certainly went in the straight line, but then I came to a bend in the road, you don't try and turn handlebars like on a bicycle I found out :shock: I went across the white line and was heading to the kerb on the other side of the busy road and my only saving grace was I started leaning away from the vision of be catapulted off by the high kerb and before I knew it I had manage to just scrap the tyres in the gutter before the bike started pulling back onto the roadway :eek: Once I learned all about the lean I road it a bit more then sold it a few months later for twice what I could have sold the Zephyr for :D
I have had a series of small engine bikes since then biggest being 600 Bandit with was a great bike, covered 15000mls in the first 6 months off ownership, rode right through the winter of 2004 in snow and ice ;) The next 6 months the bike was in the workshop with a running problem no one could fix, so sold the bike. The Missus found me a bike which was for sale on the side of the road so I went a bought it. GPZ500S with 30000mls on the clock, up until 5 years ago I had increased the mileage to 90000mls :cool: It hasn't been used since and sits in the kennel covered in dust......What has amazed me is there are more than 4 people wanting to buy my bike :confused: I started to find it harder to ride because of my left knee issue where by I can't bend my knee enough to get my foot on the peg, I did modify another foot peg further up front which helped then changing gear got to be a problem :( Maybe I will get it going one day and restore it o_O

OP
D

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
old kwakas best in green !! No 2 very nice....

The plain silver is pure class, in my opinion. (I know I'm boring like that).

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
I used to until I did a Fire Brigade course on motorcycle injuries , gave up that week after 20 years of London commuting :D .
Hopefully you will of course remain injury free , lovely Suzuki by the way , I maxed out on a Honda CBR1000 .

Our son wanted a moped until my wife took him to the spinal injury unit where she worked and introduced him to a couple of (ex) bike riders. He never asked again after that visit.

However be safe.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Our son wanted a moped until my wife took him to the spinal injury unit where she worked and introduced him to a couple of (ex) bike riders. He never asked again after that visit.

However be safe.
Yes it’s tough , I rode for 20 years without incident , after doing that course i just got a bit “nervous “ and thought I had used up all my luck . Combination of factors really , but the main one is that with in car tech and mobile phones , it seemed that vast majority are not even paying the slightest attention to anything else around them .
Having a couple of old friends die on bikes didn’t help either

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
I used to have a Suzuki GT250. Decided to ride it back up to Rosyth (I was an apprentice Tiff up there), needless to say I came off ... too fast for the bend, hit the white line & slid, my saving grace was that there was no street furniture to hit. There I was, at the top of Shap on the A6, 11 o'clock at night. My knights in shining armour turned up in the form of 2 couples in a car that were care takers at a near-by MASSIVE house, they collected me & my stuff, took me back to theirs and fed me while the 2 blokes went back for my bike. They let me keep my bike in a barn for a few weeks until my Dad could go for it.
That was almost 40 yrs ago but I still think about how lucky I was that I came off at a reasonable speed & just bounced with no real injuries.

And then you buy another bike years & years later, jump on it & think f*** .... this is a bit faster than I thought! o_Oo_O

KennyN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 440i, Cayenne, ZX12r / ZRX11 / ZRX Monoshock
Awesome collection :cool:

It has been 20 years in the making , the green REX was bought in 2000 and i p/x`d my Katana for it , the 12R was purchased in 2012 and REX 2 was a donated frame and i built it as a mono shock with a Hayabusa front end with loads of one off parts i made whilst on nights.

I made the bar risers / monoshock metalwork / bell mouths / steering stem / all brackets , spacers etc. Not in the pic is a Lexan pick-up cover so you can see what is going on inside when it is running.

Just wish i had more time and decent weather to enjoy them.

K

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
That’s mine when I picked it up from the Indian dealership in 18. The gold on it is actually 24 carrot gold leaf.the black paint has crushed glass in it like they used to do in the 50s for custom paint and the blue has crystal in it. All hand painted with 20 different layers in the process. It’s done about 1200 miles in 2years with covid and a problem with my knee stopping me riding it A09E46BD-831C-4995-B161-492F670C3AE7.jpeg 0BE87796-911C-4819-ACA4-897A3778B2F8.jpeg

KennyN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 440i, Cayenne, ZX12r / ZRX11 / ZRX Monoshock
Our son wanted a moped until my wife took him to the spinal injury unit where she worked and introduced him to a couple of (ex) bike riders. He never asked again after that visit

Had a panic call from a mate last week who`s 17 yo son was adamant that he was wanting a bike to go back and forward to Rosyth dockyards as he had just got an apprenticeship.

He asked if i could have a chat with him and explain the pitfalls of modern day motorcycling , which i did - warts and all.

Chat seemed to work as he is now taking car lessons , thankfully.

It is only when you are a parent you realise how much worry and stress you put onto your own parents with the motorbike obsession.

K

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350

It is only when you are a parent you realise how much worry and stress you put onto your own parents with the motorbike obsession.

K

which is why my parents didn't want me to ride back to Rosyth ..... my Mum is still happy that I don't ride my bike anymore :rolleyes:

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom