Any motorcyclists on here as well?

KennyN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 440i, Cayenne, ZX12r / ZRX11 / ZRX Monoshock
looks better with real indicators and a mudguard….

what miles, looks good in the pic?
4800 since March 2001 , one previous owner.

K

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
wow....4800 total in its life?

paisley as in scotland ?

KennyN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
wow....4800 total in its life?

paisley as in scotland ?

Yep , it has been Sorn`d for 10 years.

Yes , Paisley - Scotland.

Problem is that i live just 2 miles from work / gym / supermarket and by the time i move three cars out of the driveway and get on the bike i could be in work so i just dont bother , plus there is another two bikes in the garage , a ZX12r and another heavily modified ZRX.

K

Reactions: DSK
OP
D

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec

Problem is that i live just 2 miles from work / gym / supermarket and by the time i move three cars out of the driveway and get on the bike i could be in work so i just dont bother , plus there is another two bikes in the garage , a ZX12r and another heavily modified ZRX.

K

LOL, I know what you mean about having to move cars out of the way! I only have to move 2 cars in order to get mine out but, it forms a decent security barrier too ;)

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP

K
LOL, I know what you mean about having to move cars out of the way! I only have to move 2 cars in order to get mine out but, it forms a decent security barrier too ;)
No idea what you mean...;)
ACFC7C7E-C59A-4D86-A47E-0F525F4BD318.jpeg

Dave76

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLA 220D / Paceman JCW
Fairly new to the forum so not posted much, just enjoying reading up on what everyone has been up to and the support to those with problems is fantastic, seen this thread and although I don't have a bike now (kids, life, etc.) just thought I would share an image I have from a few year back when I had a couple of bikes, This one was a genuine Virgin Mobile R6 Cup bike, a lady in Kent won it through a competition in The Sun newspaper but with no licence she put it up for sale and it sat in a showroom unregistered until I bought it and became the first owner in 2005. I kept it a couple of years and then regrettably sold it on with all the supporting paper work that is was a genuine Cup bike :( The RX8 was mine too and I didn't keep that for a couple of years...;) Mazda RX8 and R6.jpg

Fessel

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1983 W123 200E and 1987 W124 200T
Gonna lower the tone completely now. I've got a 1954 Velocette LE (ex noddy) All original, hand start and hand change which I take out occasionally on warm sunny days..,,and that's not often. All of 8 bhp and once managed to show 50 on the speedo downhill with following wind!
Best bit about owning it is to see your mates trying first to start it and then to work out how to take right hand off throttle to change gear or keep left foot away from back brake on left hand running board on local private road.
All good harmless fun. for me anyway.
Fessel

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Yes! I have/had loads.

Current waiting for a very special BMW to land in the UK........ Fear I will be waiting for a while.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
M1000RR ? 209 bhp up 6 on the stock nutter b...…

my VX has had a moment, my fuel tap fun seems to have escalated. my full tank isn't and when I started it up, it ran funny then petrol was coming out everywhere.... now I find the "petrol" leaking out is a bit oily.

I suspect somehow my fresh new engine oil + lots of unknown petrol that got where it shouldn't, upon start up has gone round the engine breather and due to the interesting air filter location its all decided to go round in circle and surprise me...

Been parked up for a week, and there was me thinking on Monday when the fuel tap repair kit turned up, it could wait as it seems to have stopped dripping

:confused:

Last edited:

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S1000r sport, huge hp sport bikes don't agree with my license and back. 160ish should be fine :)

Madtutle3

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A250 / 2021
I've got a 1954 Velocette LE (ex noddy) All original, hand start and hand change
I looked at one of those back in 1970 when I bought my first bike. Really tempted. Ended up buying a 1970 Titan T-500 III Suzuki. Still have it, along with 1 1/2 parts bikes.

My current ride is a 1998 Honda Valkyrie.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
S1000r sport, huge hp sport bikes don't agree with my license and back. 160ish should be fine :)
I that the one looks like a normal bike or the longer suspension more off roady looking thing?

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Normal one :) The offroadey one is the S1000XR

KennyN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Time to offload one of the collection.

K

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
my VX has had a moment, my fuel tap fun seems to have escalated. my full tank isn't and when I started it up, it ran funny then petrol was coming out everywhere.... now I find the "petrol" leaking out is a bit oily.

I suspect somehow my fresh new engine oil + lots of unknown petrol that got where it shouldn't, upon start up has gone round the engine breather and due to the interesting air filter location its all decided to go round in circle and surprise me...

Been parked up for a week, and there was me thinking on Monday when the fuel tap repair kit turned up, it could wait as it seems to have stopped dripping

:confused:

6 litres of petrol was in with the 2.4 ltr or engine oil that had only done 40 miles !!!

flushed with 1 litre and went to crank the engine and it started on the fumes in the carbs, so the engine seems in one piece, drained and filled with 2.4 ltrs of bike oil

oddly the one air filter I've reached so far seems OK the other took a bath so need one of them. checking that filter the air intake is half blanked off. So either noise or maybe euro moped restriction in place for that market. Of course in the process its unfortunately met a Dremel and a Stanley knife... ;)

VX800 air intake.jpg

OP
D

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
@Alfie - what a lovely nice range of timeless machines!

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom