Any one with Mobile STAR near medway?

RobWheatley

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 S320CDi Auto with Toys...
Hi All
I have had a problem with my S320CDi seat occupancy sensor, it was playing up and Failed it MOT due to the SRS light on, I ended up buying and Emulator for it (from ebay and they have very good feedback) it came with plugs already attached so I fitted it yesterday BUT the SRS light is still on, had a good chat with the seller of the emulator and he suggested checking on STAR to see if it needs the codes cleared.

The old pad was removed a little while ago BUT the car had just sat there, it has not been started at all with the system unplugged.

The problem I have now it the MOT expired quite a while ago so cannot drive it to an Indy to get it cleared. so is there any one near medway that has a mobile STAR system that can come to me to read the codes?

I would of course pay you to do it (please let me know how much it would be)

Now really need to get the car sorted out and back on the road so any help would be great.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
so cannot drive it to an Indy to get it cleared.

As it would be classed as an MOT repair, it COULD be driven to an Indie, if the repair was pre booked. however, if the indie also offers MOT's (or an MOT service through another place) then i would just book it in for MOT with them too, and drive the car to them!

OP
RobWheatley

RobWheatley

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I didn't think it could be driven for repairs on for the MOT but if that is the case then there is an indy 3 miles away from me.

Do you know where I can find the info on that so I can print it and have it in the car just in case.

N

npuk

If your current MOT has expired
The law is quite clear: you MUST have an MOT. Without it your insurance is void and you’re breaking the law.

So say, for example, your MOT runs out on 30 November and you’ve got a test booked for that same day.

If your vehicle fails and you need to wait a day or two to get repairs then you shouldn’t be driving the car.

Although the law states that in this instance you can take the vehicle to a test station for an MOT test booked in advance or bring it away from a test station after it has failed the MOT test, to a place of repair.

But otherwise, driving around between test and repair is an offence.

Read more: http://www.confused.com/news-views/blogs/can-you-drive-your-car-if-it-has-failed-mot#ixzz2YlkLX9DF

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The law is quite clear: you MUST have an MOT. Without it your insurance is void and you’re breaking the law.

So say, for example, your MOT runs out on 30 November and you’ve got a test booked for that same day.

If your vehicle fails and you need to wait a day or two to get repairs then you shouldn’t be driving the car.

Although the law states that in this instance you can take the vehicle to a test station for an MOT test booked in advance or bring it away from a test station after it has failed the MOT test, to a place of repair.

Read more: http://www.confused.com/news-views/blogs/can-you-drive-your-car-if-it-has-failed-mot#ixzz2YlkLX9DF

It is not an insurance offence if no MOT Also those intentionally driving without a valid MOT would have no reason to purchase car insurance if it was automatically invalid.

OP
RobWheatley

RobWheatley

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Rob take it to Mick at Mertech Chatham, http://www.mertechgarage.co.uk/1kit/Default.aspx?alias=www.mertechgarage.co.uk/1kit/merc he has got the software on Star to delete the ocupancy sensor on the passenger seat :D

Hi all.
Mick at Mertech (i have used him before) was where I was thiking of as it is only a few miles away but I didn't want to get stopped driving it there, She has sat since March due to the MOT failure but I miss driving her so really want to get it sorted.

I didn't know it was possible to delete the occupancy sensor, have you had that done?

OP
RobWheatley

RobWheatley

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Oh I know that I cannot just drive it anywhere I want without an MOT, no point in doing that anyway with all the ANPR cars around now, but it is interesting that the confused site says I can drive it for repairs.

vauxhallmaniac

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL350/SLK320 Special Edt/SLK320 "Tinkerbelle Edition"
Hi Rob, Mick was doing one while i was waiting for a diagnostic same as yours flunked its mot on the SRS light (passenger ocupancy sensor), i'm sure they will collect the car if your worried about driving it:D

OP
RobWheatley

RobWheatley

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A mate of mine brought his generic code reader home from work to see if it would work, read and cleared the codes and now the light is off, no problems with the seat belt light either.
I have done all the welding so just got the rear suspension arms to replace and it should then pass its MOT.
Thanks for the info

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom